My new Klipschorns have arrived!

Trentster5172

That's a really nice feature.  I had no idea they were made that way now.  They look great!

Ah, mine are like circa 1980 (not sure bought them second hand) and they're like that also.

Congrats to Trentster, brand spanking new Ks, whew! DId you even consider Jubilees?

Edited by babadono

Great!

I've enjoyed mine 32 years.

Iv'e heard (but not confirmed) that people should beware selecting the "no sub" setting on some AVRs, and/or with some movies.   This might or might or not send very loud Low Frequency Effects signals ("sound effects") down to as low as 5 Hz through your Khorns, and overwhelm even them.  Some good subs will turn off before allowing these effects to damage them, but mains -- including Khorns -- have no such protection for the woofer.  The LFE material is a separate channel of effects that is normally mixed into the subwoofer output on the AVR or pre/pro, but it could be rechannelled to the mains if "no sub" is selected.  Or so the rumor goes.

Our Khorns, Belle center, old Reference sub, and Heresy II surrounds sound great with movies, better than the sound systems at local movie houses, IMO.

With a sub present, without "no sub" being selected, the LFE will go to the sub only.  The bass music will either go to the sub below your crossover (usually 80 Hz, but some select 40 Hz with great fronts like yours) or go to both the sub and the Khorns, if you have selected "double bass" or LFE + Main.  Most people don't like "double bass" because it may produce phase problems.  It happens that at our house, it doesn't, according to REW tests.

• Like 2

I did consider Jubilee's but liked the finish of the Khorns much better. I also have seen so many opinions on which one is better. My research has revealed the bass bin on the Khorn is slightly better and the horns are better on the jubes. Hope I didn't start a debate, but I made an educated decision on the Khorns. Plus the wife approval factor played in as well. She simply likes the Khorns because they don't really look like a speaker

• Like 1

Garyrc- I have listed them as a full range large speaker in my Emotiva Fusion 8100 with low frequency effects going to just the subs. For music I listen "direct" without the subs. For added bass I just hit "stereo" which adds the subs, or "all stereo" which fires up the Heresy's and surrounds. Truthfully it's just too much bass with the subs. I have them cut at 80hz along with my centers and surrounds.

Today I was listening to the Black Eyed Peas and added the subs in. It was hitting so hard that I passed out and crapped my pants. When the CD was over I woke up and felt weird. Now every window I walk past I have to lick it. Weird.

• Like 4

Here they are at the factory last week. In the photo are the two builders, the quality control person, and the packer. I really appreciate the attention to detail. These are nothing short of miraculous! They blow my La Scalas paired with my subs away. They didn't fill the house with sound quite like these do. American craftsmanship at its finest!

Congrats on the speakers 2015 #1 and #2.  That is something special  to have the first ones made this year.  How did you get the wife to OK all the new stuff?  You must be a smooth talker, lol.

• Like 2

Here they are at the factory last week. In the photo are the two builders, the quality control person, and the packer. I really appreciate the attention to detail. These are nothing short of miraculous! They blow my La Scalas paired with my subs away. They didn't fill the house with sound quite like these do. American craftsmanship at its finest!

Wow!!!!! Those are nice!!!! I wanted to put the trigger on some used K-Horns a few months ago but talked myself out of it.  They would over power my room and I'd need a Lascala for a center (which was also available to me - tks Sancho ;) ).  Talked myself out and deemed myself satisfied for now.  However...your room looks BIG!!!!! Losts of space for the K-Horns to do their thing!!!! Congrats! 

Edited by prerich

Garyrc- I have listed them as a full range large speaker in my Emotiva Fusion 8100 with low frequency effects going to just the subs. For music I listen "direct" without the subs. For added bass I just hit "stereo" which adds the subs, or "all stereo" which fires up the Heresy's and surrounds. Truthfully it's just too much bass with the subs. I have them cut at 80hz along with my centers and surrounds.

Today I was listening to the Black Eyed Peas and added the subs in. It was hitting so hard that I passed out and crapped my pants. When the CD was over I woke up and felt weird. Now every window I walk past I have to lick it. Weird.

just curious, have you ever owned a Marantz a/v receiver? just wondering how the emotive stacks up. looks like a real nice unit. love their warr also!

thanks.