speaker wire help

bigdog

Are you trying to start up "Hatfield vs. McCoy" kind of feuding?

Wire & interconnects subjects are the most controversial, opinionated, often heated and beat to death topics discussed here. That said, monster is not my preferred brand of speaker cable. However, if you choose to go with what you identified, ensure that it can be returned if you don't find it meets your satisfaction.

Vouch safe my friend.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-06-2002 at 06:04 PM

Every connection is potentially a "point of failure"

You have a run of bare speaker wire that goes from post to post (amp to speaker) - 2 points of failure

You have bannana plugs on either end. 4 points of failure...

So unless you are exceptionally neat and tidy..the KISS method works best

bd,

As a rule I usually don't make wire suggestions, especially after having been whacked around a bit as a newbie. Yep, jumped in the wire debate with both feet. after a few exchanges, felt like I was in a hatchet fight....everyone had a hatchet but ME!

I have wire in my various set-ups from Parts Express, IXOS, Kimber and Stinger. One consistent thing they have in common is all are 12AWG or 13AWG, equal length's and Oxygen Free Copper (OFC). As far as banana connectors go the better ones have screws that tighten into the cable after inserting the wire, or you insert the cable through a larger side opening and turn a larger thumb like screw to depresses an insert which secures the wire. Quite easy to install and you can choose your own banana type. You will have to try and see what pleases you. Our system components, room acoustics and hearing will affect our decision as to what sounds best.

Wes

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-06-2002 at 09:10 PM

I'm with clueless.

Doing it naked is the best.

err. i mean bare ended without bananas.

But if you must, I've found "Straight Wire" to be a good product at a reasonable price.

Plus, you can order them with various types of preterminated ends. All ends are silver soldered. They come with a limited lifetime warranty. They also have a try before you buy, and trade in program. I use the "sextet for my RF7s and RC7s. Found them to be the best for my needs.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

I have the Z1's for my center with the Monster Lock banana's and i'm happy with the results. I also have the Z2's biwired for my mains also with the banana Monster Lock's with good results. I found a steal on eBay for each, less than $100 for all three wires.

------------------

KSP 400

KSP C6

KSP S6

KSP C6 Rear Center

M&K V-75 Sub

Denon 3802

JVC 701 DVD

Mits WS-55819 HDTV RPTV

This message has been edited by Lovebohn on 08-06-2002 at 09:52 PM