Suggestion for Bookshelf Front & Center channel for my AVR

nivedhya

Klipsch Wesite Home Theater Recommendation in Synergy series as follows :

For B-20 Bookshelf C-10 Center (Both  has got same 3/4" tweeters). Suppose for the same bookshelf B-20 if I select C-20 Center will there be any problem? Because B-20 bookshelf is 3/4" tweeter & C-20 is 1" Tweeter.

Why I'm asking is somewhere I read tweeter size should match between Fronts & Center. Is it so?

Ooo, something I can be of value with, having just been in and out of researching this series!!

The Synergy system only had one set of bookshelf speakers designed for it in relation to the three separate sizes of floor speakers. They really seemed to to be prioritizing the floor speakers in this line. All of the floor speakers have 1" tweeters, along with one of the 2 sets of surrounds.

The bookshelf speakers seem to be meant as part of their own, "smaller" size system with the C-10 and the S-10's; all of which feature the .75" tweeters. The prepackaged system with the B-20's (http://www.klipsch.com/b-20-home-theater-system) comes with the C-10 center.

If you're looking into the synergies now, having moved back from thinking about any of the RB series speakers, then you must be in the same boat I found myself in. I ended up settling on a full house of Icon series speakers. They have 1" tweeters, a lower crossover and arguably a more refined aesthetic to them. Prices should be pretty good out there for what you can still find.

Do you already have the C-20 or is it something you were looking at? The Icon speakers as I bought them on Amazon may be a little more but you should still be able to get a matched set for a little less than $400.

• Like 1

If you're still looking the price of the KB-15 bookshelf speakers, like the ones I bought, just dropped to 129.99 on Amazon. KC-25 center is still at 192.00. Ijust had Amazon issue me a partial refund for the KB-15's as the price was higher when I bought them a couple of days ago. I just set them up this evening; KB-15's in front and surround with KC-25 in the center along with my SW-350 sub. I can see where spending more would have gotten me if I had bought more expensive fronts but getting a full house for the price I did, about $450 with the refund, was worth it. They still have plenty of detail, a good soundfield and directionality, and some decent dynamics. Listened to some stereo music, iTunes radio jazz stations and some electronic. The whole system is pretty solid sounding. What I really dig is the ability really hear the, "air" in the recorded material; those higher frequencies that sound like the air in the recording room or on those sensitive mics used to record dialogue on TV shows and film. That level of detail really means something to me. That's where I can see the advantage of putting some extra dollars. As long as you make sure to get something matched I'm sure you'll be very happy. If this helped at all I am please to have been of service!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still on the look out for speakers. My room size is 23' X 11'. I'm from India. I'm hunting for

1) First upgrade to my Woofer

2) Upgrade to Front & Center's

I have one more worry also. Whatever we get in India or through online are mostly 'Made in China'.

How Klipsh is ensuring Quality/Originality (Preventing spurious) when it is made in China? May be some-body from Klipsch can answer.Mainly this worry keeps postponing  my purchase.

Nivedhya,

If you go with the C-20, which I would over the C-10, it is in line with Synergy,Icon, and the new Reference (Best Buy type). On the bookshelf, you can go with an older Synergy speaker,  you will get basically the same sound. I have also used the KB-15's.

As per my conversation with Klipsch directly. In the Synergy lines, Icon, and newer Reference all 3 have Aluminum tweeters. The SC-C20 is the better of all their center channels and will match up very well with any of the bookshelf lines.

If you look on EBAY, you can purchase the extended warranty for up to 3 years I think, and shouldn't have any worries.