Global Warming. Is the hype coming to an end?

Guest Steven1963

“We're so self-important. So arrogant. Everybody's going to save something now. Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save the snails. And the supreme arrogance? Save the planet! Are these people kidding? Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven't learned how to care for one another. We're gonna save the f**kin' planet? . . . And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with the planet in the first place. The planet is fine. The people are f**ked! Compared with the people, the planet is doin' great. It's been here over four billion years . . . The planet isn't goin' anywhere, folks. We are! We're goin' away. Pack your sh*t, we're goin' away. And we won't leave much of a trace. Thank God for that. Nothing left. Maybe a little Styrofoam. The planet will be here, and we'll be gone. Another failed mutation; another closed-end biological mistake.”
George Carlin

jerol

• Like 2

if man made global warning is fact, why do they lie and falsify the data?

they dont falsify data , it changes constantly  the science is not there yet , nothing you can do about it before a few decades -

the last time I was in Asia , you could not see 10 feet away - they use charcoal everywhere - NY is heaven compared to Shanghai -

um, yes "they" do.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2013/01/10/meteorologist-anthony-watts-on-adjusted-us-temperature-data-in-the-business-and-trading-world-people-go-to-jail-for-such-manipulations-of-data/

http://www.globalwarminglies.com/

Edited by angusruler

is there a reason global warmings biggest proponent, algore, refuses to debate anyone? of course.

I think he just got tired - after all President Obama did sign a deal with China , if the strongest man in the free world is on the wagon , we should listen , the President did state that the problem is global - all nations must be on board or nothing will happen -

is there a reason global warmings biggest proponent, algore, refuses to debate anyone? of course.

I think he just got tired - after all President Obama did sign a deal with China , if the strongest man in the free world is on the wagon , we should listen , the President did state that the problem is global - all nations must be on board or nothing will happen -

can you post any links to ANYONE he has debated?

All humanity should do now is be the best stewards of the planet as possible.

Possible according to whom? In essence, that means killing one's self. Short of that, every man's decision is another man's destruction. "Humanity" has no means of acting in unison. None. So, is Pete's 2500 square foot home way too big or way too small? There's no answer. Is Sally's thermostat set at 70F too high? Says who? Is a 5,000 pound car too heavy? Says who? The idea that we would let a "rock in space" dictate either mass or individual human behavior must be challenged for sensibility. It makes no sense. If the earth collapses on a generation of yet unborn souls 10,000 years from now, or 100,000 years from now, or a million years from now, makes no logical difference to anyone alive today. If one thinks it does, then one should kill themself and be done with it.

What I saw in my bad dream was the lack of logic in environmentalism. it took me a while, but eventually it was as clear as a bell. This Rock is not a God, or an intelligence, or even a spirit. It has no means of judgement. It can make no demands on people or trees or birds. It can not require service. It has no consciousness. It's not a spaceship.  It is not a Mother or Father to be taken care of and coddled at the expensive of living souls. It is working it's own way entropy to destruction and nothing that humans or whales, or redwoods or bears can do will change that.

Entropy IS.

If we accept that there is a continuum with the worst most blatant pollution towards one side and tree hugging micro manipulators identifying the other......... somewhere along the way is just plain logical and practical eco-management.  Not suggesting anything radical.

yea..."tired".....tired from counting all his bucks from the greatest fraud he has ever perpetrated. I do give him credit though.......he is rollin in dough!!!

a great excuse that will last forever! hahaha!

"all nations" will never be on board.

My mantra remains:  If you want to save the planet, GET OFF IT AND LET IT HEAL.  It doesn't need man's noblesse oblige. 

Dave

I fear you're right.  Once man has over-populated the planet to the point that "civilization" ceases to be even remotely civil, the planet will recover nicely and relatively quickly without the interference of humans.

I will monitor this, and lock it when the ad hominems increase or it becomes political

The very first post is a slanted partisan political view, with a link to a slanted partisan source.  The linked article was in response to recent reports from reputable climate scientists that 2014 was the hottest on record.  Christopher Booker, the author of the linked article, has a long track record of promoting ideas that run counter to the scientific consensus.  He's a partisan hack, and his article is just pandering to the misinformed.

Is that the sort of open discussion you want to promote?   

As I said, the whole thread is an ad hominem, inherently political, and not really appropriate in an audio forum.

• Like 1

As I said, the whole thread is an ad hominem, inherently political, and not really appropriate in an audio forum.

The whole post is not an ad hominem.  Some care to genuinely discuss and critique.  This is called "The Lounge."  If you don't like to discuss global warming, there is always 2-Channel.

• Like 1

post-45111-0-93380000-1423432291_thumb.j.....april 1977

just for the record. I'm not saying the planet doesn't warm, of course it does. just as in the 70's we were told to prepare for the new "ice age."

I just don't believe man affects it one way or the other.

when weather reporters, forecasters, etc. can't even forecast 24 hours in advance, how the heck can they profess to know what will happen 10 yrs or more down the road?

the latest example being the "historic" snowstorm that was recently supposed to bury ny, but didn't.

Edited by angusruler
  • Like 1

In a decade of under and above cover moderator work I've probably locked 3 threads.  Censorship isn't something I much care for and I always left it to Amy or others.  I don't know anything about the reputation of the Telegraph write and I really don't have the resources to determine if he made all that up or what.  But I also don't simply assume he has some conspiracy agenda...nor do I assume the same on the other side.  My own position that to disbelieve that there has been clear global warming since the Little Ice Age and that it continues requires faith, as the science is quite clear and needs no interpretation. 

But the attempts I've seen to suggest this 500 year cycle is somehow human influenced fall into the category of "some faith required."  I like my science straight up, thank you.

Further, as Mark as said and I concur, it makes NO difference.  Should we clean the crap out of our beds and quit pooping in them?  Absolutely.  But it's not likely to noticeable a thousand years from now (still NOW in geologic time) and certainly not in 10,000 years.

Dave

• Like 1