Global Warming. Is the hype coming to an end?

Guest Steven1963

Weird, I guess a few around here fell undermanned? Interesting that there seems to be no real "proof" of anything one way or the other

Not so weird.  Science does better with "what" than it does with "why" and "from what cause?"

Dave

• Like 1

If you'd like a political slant in order to close the thread, here's one....It's all the Republican's fault, and specifically George W. Bush.

Not going to close it just from your bait, my friend.  But if you or anyone throws any bait out you can expect a side of warning points with it.

Dave

I am truly petrified at the prospect of receiving a side of warning points.  If I would be permitted to have that side with some ketchup, or even A-1, I'm sure it would be much more palatable.  Ketchup has become a much tastier product in the last 50 years, specifically because of the effect global warming has on the growth and flavor profiles of tomatoes....I'm just sayin'......

gw is one of those topics that people on both sidea are very passionate aboot. since ive made my views quite clear......i still respect this planet very much....insert violins....and sometimes go out of my way to live a "clean" life.

simple things, turning of lights, turning baseboard heaters on low/off when the room is not in use, etc. not only for mother earth or my electric bill....just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

• Like 1

Ketchup has become a much tastier product in the last 50 years, specifically because of the effect global warming has on the growth and flavor profiles of tomatoes....I'm just sayin'......
Probably more due to genetically modified plants...

I'm just sayin'...

Seems to me if history had never created mankind on the face of the earth, the planet would have still gone through some heating & cooling cycles.

Think of it as a sine wave curve.

How far has mankind pushed the data-point off the curve?

My take is, the planet itself is doing what it would have been doing, mankind involved or not.  If (and I mean (*if*) mankind has bent the curve, I have a hard time believing that the curve will have been flipped upside down or anything other than a simple nudge.

Heck....for all I know, if mankind HAS nudged the curve a bit.....who's to say that it's not a nudge in a direction that would be beneficial?

Why is it that all the fear mongers (Global warming verses global cooling....now, they can't BOTH be right, right?  So now they call it change....  nice)

Anyways, why do all these fear mongers suggest that it's all negative?

For all I know these would be the same fear mongers that 200 years ago, might have been screaming to fear the witch and the witch needs to be burned.  How that that pan out for accuracy?

• Like 2

Seems to me if history had never created mankind on the face of the earth, the planet would have still gone through some heating & cooling cycles.

Think of it as a sine wave curve.

How far has mankind pushed the data-point off the curve?

My take is, the planet itself is doing what it would have been doing, mankind involved or not.  If (and I mean (*if*) mankind has bent the curve, I have a hard time believing that the curve will have been flipped upside down or anything other than a simple nudge.

Heck....for all I know, if mankind HAS nudged the curve a bit.....who's to say that it's not a nudge in a direction that would be beneficial?

Why is it that all the fear mongers (Global warming verses global cooling....now, they can't BOTH be right, right?  So now they call it change....  nice)

Anyways, why do all these fear mongers suggest that it's all negative?

For all I know these would be the same fear mongers that 200 years ago, might have been screaming to fear the witch and the witch needs to be burned.  How that that pan out for accuracy?

reminds me of the hysteria stated before the alaskan pipeline was built.

the caribou.....my god the caribou! turns out the caribou liked the heat created by the pipeline, and herds actually increased.

First it was global cooling, then it was global warming, now, both bases are covered by calling it climate change. I'm a skeptic by nature. This goes for many topics. I am on the left and right on different issues. I am a free thinker. When those who have most to gain from the climate change industry lead by example decreasing their own footprint below mine. Then I will sense the urgency and become less skeptical.

I see many believers who swear that climate change is a fact. Who belittle those that deny it. However, none of these people live the lifestyle they preach. They all use fossil fuel every day. They all contribute to Earth's so called demise.

It's time to sacrifice. Completely. Its not enough to recycle. I recycle. Those that do will be taken seriously. As they should.

• Like 5

People keep saying there is a science argument. Really? I know of no scientist in the world who doesn't believe the laws of thermodynamics. None. Never heard of an argument there. Not one.

The Sun will grow into a red giant, consume the earth and explode, following the ever increasing entropy of the universe. If you want to kill yourself, or stop using plastic bags before then, yippee! I shall not be bothered trying to defy the Universe. Fill, 'er up, please!

super =please

Edited by Randyh