Ebay warning

ZEUS121996

One more reason not to sell on the bay. I sold some nice gear on the bay including a Mc MR-80 a couple weeks ago. the Tuner was tested and worked nicely.  In all fairness, I forgot to send the Panlocs, which I told him I would send out yesterday. He was fine with it and then then Tuner stopped working. The buyer claimed it has no output so opened a claim for a full refund..After spending 2 hours on the phone with ebay this morning, I cant win. Even though its listed AS IS AND NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS, he will win 99.99% of the time. I can dispute that and maybe get the shipping cost to California and return shipping back, IF Ebay decides he might not know how to set it up, took parts out, etc.

Nice fricking policy

Here's the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191489759574?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

And the user is

pioneta

Avoid him if you can

Mark

• Like 1

A least you didn't get jammed on the Mac Preamp! Anyway, Ebay's money back guarantee says he can get his money back regardless of any AS IS statements in your ad. Your sellers agreement clearly states this. Likely that got damaged in shipping and shipping is the gamble of the seller too. That's the way it is on Ebay.

I brought an Adcom amp off ebay the seller put a 1/2 of styrofoam peanuts in the box.  Amp came broke and I was glad ebay sided with me.  It is not a perfect system by no means.  I would rather not use them but, sometime I have stuff that I can't unload locally.

Edited by derrickdj1

What I find odd, is you state "the tuner stopped working" implying that it worked for the buyer upon arrival, anything beyond that Ebay is basically enforcing a warranty that does not exist

did you argue this with them ?? If you have an email correspondence with the buyer that states he listened to it but was concerned about pan locks that in essence confirms he received it as advertised

Good luck with it  :D

I also hate ebay, I recently sold a 1929 model a windshield for my dad and ebay missed the shipping estimate by 35.00, and charged in excess of 10% for there fees

• Like 1

He has a rating of 98%

This was a negative feedback and his response

Buyer "Refused to abide by his own return policy, Ebay had to force him. Obnoxious too."

Seller "BUYER made unsuccessful attempt to extort partial refund. Posted this feedback"

I asked Ebay if I could but a nice tube amp in the 4-5k range and then force a return because the tubes were bad, even if I had switched them. The buyer would probably win but it would take a little more work.

So if you can look yourself in the mirror, buy something big, strip out what you need and ask for a return, chances are you will get your money back and screw over someone who just ran into a *rick

Mark

His 1st complaint was I forgot to put the panlocs in. When I told him I forgot and would send them out right away he was quiet. Then a couple hours later he emails me to tell me there is no sound coming out of the Tuner. I told him he needs to go through a pre, his response was he followed the owners manual and nothing happened.

Whats interesting is he deals in quite a bit of gear, initially he wanted $200, then $150 and when I told him I could dispute it with ebay and get my shipping back, he was fine with my $100 offer. He replied in about 2 minutes to send it.

Eth, can I legally cut his huevos off and feed them to him, or offer to return them for a small fee?

Mark

• Like 2

One more reason not to sell on the bay. I sold some nice gear on the bay including a Mc MR-80 a couple weeks ago. the Tuner was tested and worked nicely.  In all fairness, I forgot to send the Panlocs, which I told him I would send out yesterday. He was fine with it and then then Tuner stopped working. The buyer claimed it has no output so opened a claim for a full refund..After spending 2 hours on the phone with ebay this morning, I cant win. Even though its listed AS IS AND NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS, he will win 99.99% of the time. I can dispute that and maybe get the shipping cost to California and return shipping back, IF Ebay decides he might not know how to set it up, took parts out, etc.

Nice fricking policy

Here's the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191489759574?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

And the user is

pioneta

Avoid him if you can

Mark

ive seen his listings before I believe....WAY overpriced klipsch products?

• Like 1

What I find odd, is you state "the tuner stopped working" implying that it worked for the buyer upon arrival, anything beyond that Ebay is basically enforcing a warranty that does not exist

did you argue this with them ?? If you have an email correspondence with the buyer that states he listened to it but was concerned about pan locks that in essence confirms he received it as advertised

Good luck with it  :D

I also hate ebay, I recently sold a 1929 model a windshield for my dad and ebay missed the shipping estimate by 35.00, and charged in excess of 10% for there fees

I agree with Joe. He implied it was working when he got it when he said it 'stopped working'. He has no claim. 

Being a seller since 99, and a 100% feedback rating should give you some power in this situation. Perhaps if you asked to speak with a supervisor, they would consider the facts a bit more carefully. This 99.9% buyer wins crap is too black or white, like it's a policy. A supervisor may be needed to approve something like this.

IMO, it's worth fighting for based on principal alone.

Edited by mustang guy

I gave up selling last year, mainly due to Ebays Fee's.

Here is just a quick look at their structure for the "Seller".

1. They charge you to post your listing = Fine

2. They charge you to post a few Pics = ok with that.

3. Your item sells, Ebay gets a cut of the final price = :pwk_bs:

4. Ebay now charges a final value fee on your shipping = WTF?  :pwk_bs: 

So now that your item has sold, Ebay has charged you Four times getting it sold. that ladies and Gents is Friggin amazing!

Iv had two bad experiences in 10 years, Ham radio guys are a pricky buyers.

Im not the quickest kid on the block, last year i was selling as much as i ever did, but i noticed Ebays billing at the end of the month was getting into the hundreds, WTF ?

After sitting back and looking at the year, half my sales broke even or paid the buyer to own it.

I never thought about adding up Ebays fee's in the total sale, total Rip Off.

I am now a shopper/buyer, thats it.

• Like 1

I was on the phone for 2 hours and had it elevated to the highest level I could. Yesterday I was told "ASIS NO RETURNS" meant it was his, but call back to confirm. Today I was told that was wrong, so I called back and told it would have to be elevated again. I said go for it and got "the big guy" who said I would lose 99.99% of the time. I ate the $100. I'm tired of fighting, I've fought my whole life for what I thought was right ( I wasn't ALWAYS RIGHT, 99.99% of the time I was) I still stand up for the principle, but sometimes it wears me out.

I know my word has always been good and my handshake will always be like a signed contract, that's all I have

Edited by ZEUS121996
  • Like 2

I was on the phone for 2 hours and had it elevated to the highest level I could. Yesterday I was told "ASIS NO RETURNS" meant it was his, but call back to confirm. Today I was told that was wrong, so I called back and told it would have to be elevated again. I said go for it and got "the big guy" who said I would lose 99.99% of the time. I ate the $100. I'm tired of fighting, I've fought my whole life for what I thought was right ( I wasn't ALWAYS RIGHT, 99.99% of the time I was) I still stand up for the principle, but sometimes it wears me out.

I know my word has always been good and my handshake will always be like a signed contract, that's all I have

Ebays policy is the seller has the money, so we go get him, period.

Did anyone know Ebays current policy allows buyers 6 months to request a refund ? yeah, Do you believe that ?

I cannot remember what i sold last week much less 6 MONTHS AGO ?

You guys have it easy. Between eBay and PayPal, I had over $12,000 in fees one year. Even after I slacked off I still have several thousand in fees every year.

I like PayPal just fine, their Fee's are within in reason, IMHO.

You guys have it easy. Between eBay and PayPal, I had over $12,000 in fees one year. Even after I slacked off I still have several thousand in fees every year.

I like PayPal just fine, their Fee's are within in reason, IMHO.

It is reasonable when it is small items.  When people try to pay you $6,000-$7,000 and your fees are around $200 for one transaction, that's a different story.  My smallest item literally costs around $50 in fees.  It adds up quick.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1