Reference premier towers?

Scrappydue

London Drugs will have the RP line some time in March (Calgary Alberta). Future Shop said yes but not yet and that it might be by special order only. As mentioned Radio Craft has the line up. That's a lot for one town of just over a million. Plenty of Klipsch nation fans here I guess. Best regards Moray James.

I would not make Any judgment till you get em in your house, set up and listen for a few days.

I agree to a point, but at the same time,they were in a like setting, width,and listening position. Not to knock any wind out of anyone's sails, just to my ears they sounded different. But I would take their look anyday over the RFii cabinets. Maybe the other series will sound better.

I'm not. Just getting less pumped about them.

With the much larger conical horn section the new RP horns will have lower distortion than the RF series horns do, now whether or not you like that sound better is up to you. Some folks like the sound of a K701 (Heresy)over a K703 (KLF20/30) mid horn which has lower distortion go figure. The RP series horn is also physically smaller than the RF series so they cannot hold polar patterns as low in frequency as the older RF82 series horn does, you are going to hear that difference as well and again up to yo what you prefer. I doubt that the RP series will qualify as a heritage sounding loudspeaker so if that is what you were after (or a speaker leaning in that direction) I think you will not be pleased. My guess without hearing is that these will present as a more polite RF series, I have no problem with that. I don't however have any interest in little horn loudspeakers. There is a good reason why the expression "larger is better when it comes to horns" exists, and you can play with mumps and bumps and profiles and what the mouth of a horn looks like but it is the size of the mouth that matters most. Don Keele Jr. the inventor of the constant directivity horn (CD) designed horns for EV Altec JBL and others they all look quite different but they all do the same thing. By the way Don worked for Paul for about a year. Don pretty much wrote the book on modern horn design. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

Hope that is not the case in my home. I'm gonna be pissed if all this stuff that's more laid back doesn't have that klipsch sound anymore.

Lets just say that I dont think you have anything to worry about. The tweeter is hardly what I would call laid back.

WOW…congrats man, 60s and 80s? You already have the center, correct? You're probably unpacking them now!

Yeah, seems like I got maybe a couple other things too.   ;)  I'd include more but it wouldn't all fit in the pic.  

room_zpsabe278ec.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 3

Scrappy, do you live close to NFM.  The one here in Omaha had the bookshelves and center.  I only had a few minutes to listen, but I thought they sounded pretty good.  My wife liked how the center sounded.  It may not be a Klipsch delay, as NFM wasn't going to order any new until they sold their old.   I will say nothing seemed layed back at all. 

WOW…congrats man, 60s and 80s? You already have the center, correct? You're probably unpacking them now!

Yeah, seems like I got maybe a couple other things too.   ;)  I'd include more but it wouldn't all fit in the pic.  

room_zpsabe278ec.jpg

HOLY HECK…..looks like a Klipsch showroom! You'll need a whole room just to save the boxes. Awesome.

• Like 1

Scrappy, do you live close to NFM. The one here in Omaha had the bookshelves and center. I only had a few minutes to listen, but I thought they sounded pretty good. My wife liked how the center sounded. It may not be a Klipsch delay, as NFM wasn't going to order any new until they sold their old. I will say nothing seemed layed back at all.

all is well. Soon I will have mine here at my house to play with. Edited by Scrappydue

Yeah, seems like I got maybe a couple other things too. ;) I'd include more but it wouldn't all fit in the pic.

room_zpsabe278ec.jpg

well cats out of the bag. I am headed to kentucky tomorrow to meet metro, hang out and chat my favorite hobby with a fellow Klipsch brother, help show him how to take full advantage of his dsp for his subs, check out the harley store in his town, AND THEN take every box in this picture home with me for some serious demo time of Klipsch's new line up. I take pride in being able to take side by side pics and hear as many Klipsch products as possible in my own home. And then of course share my thoughts with people who want to know. I have many photos like Youthman I however don't spend near as much time taking out my dslr and just shoot most pics with my iPhone. However I still enjoy having them for whenever people ask about them.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...