Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy!)

Ceptorman

I did not see it.....but I want to check it out, I forgot it was on. But I wiil check it out tonight.

Me and the wife really liked BB. We started watching BB when season four came out. My son was telling me how good it was.

One weekend we saw it was on net flix.....we were up till 3:00 am watching it......man we were hooked......lol lol

MKP :-)

Enjoyed both episodes..... Loved the way they ended the first episode with Tuco peering out the door. And I'd like to know when the guy working in Cinnabon that they showed in the (future glimpse) of opening seen is going to come into play. Not to mention when is James McGill going to become Saul Goodman.

Personally, I think Vince Gilligan knows what he's doing, and has it all under control. No need for sofa directing, armchair production pro's, he's got the people, he's got the credentials.

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

Enjoyed both episodes..... Loved the way they ended the first episode with Tuco peering out the door. And I'd like to know when the guy working in Cinnabon that they showed in the (future glimpse) of opening seen is going to come into play. Not to mention when is James McGill going to become Saul Goodman.

Personally, I think Vince Gilligan knows what he's doing, and has it all under control. No need for sofa directing, armchair production pro's, he's got the people, he's got the credentials.

The guy in the first scene is Saul, after the BB eascape that he made.  In the present, he is a wreck and in hiding. 

I liek the show but not too crazy about stretching to put characters from BB into the show.  Reminds me of the Start Wars crap where everyone from the original 3 was somehow already linked.  What garbage, C3PO and R2D2 were Darth Vaders's droids when he was a kid?  They didn't do this in the Godfather trilogy. 

Thanks Tiger, I thought the Cinnabon fellow looked a lot like Saul, but didn't put the connection together that he was somehow in hiding, and that this was a direct take-off from Breaking Bad. I suspect(ed) that scene will/would be played out later in the series, just as was Gilligan's style in BB. Unless of course you're correct, and that's all there is too it.

I'm not sure how he could be in hiding, since he was already a well known and relatively prominent atty in BB, in the same state, and same city. 

FWIW, back in Dec. of last year there was an interview with producer Vince Gilligan, and as I understood him to say, the "Better Call Saul" series was going to be written as a completely new series, independent of Breaking Bad, but that some of the same actors would be used.