Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy!)

Ceptorman

Enjoyed both episodes..... Loved the way they ended the first episode with Tuco peering out the door. And I'd like to know when the guy working in Cinnabon that they showed in the (future glimpse) of opening seen is going to come into play. Not to mention when is James McGill going to become Saul Goodman.

Personally, I think Vince Gilligan knows what he's doing, and has it all under control. No need for sofa directing, armchair production pro's, he's got the people, he's got the credentials.

The guy at Cinnabon was Jimmy McGill.

I've always been a Michael McKean fan. He was terrific in Spinal Tap.

This show broke the record for most watched new show ever.

Thanks Tiger, I thought the Cinnabon fellow looked a lot like Saul, but didn't put the connection together that he was somehow in hiding, and that this was a direct take-off from Breaking Bad. I suspect(ed) that scene will/would be played out later in the series, just as was Gilligan's style in BB. Unless of course you're correct, and that's all there is too it.

I'm not sure how he could be in hiding, since he was already a well known and relatively prominent atty in BB, in the same state, and same city. 

FWIW, back in Dec. of last year there was an interview with producer Vince Gilligan, and as I understood him to say, the "Better Call Saul" series was going to be written as a completely new series, independent of Breaking Bad, but that some of the same actors would be used.

If you remember from BB, "The Extractor" created a new identity for Saul, and sent him to Nebraska.

Another point: Better Call Saul cannot possibly be completely independent from BB, because it is in fact a prequel, which by logic will have people in it that Jimmy/Saul has a relationship with. So people like Mike will be in the show, which I see as interesting and a benefit. I expect a key component to BCS will be how Jimmy/Saul came to know some of those in BB.

Also: BCS wasn't the highest rated series premiere in history, but the highest CABLE series premiere.

• Like 1

I know Tuco is a drug dealer/gangster in the making, on his way to becoming a bad guy. But I can't figure out what Mike's role is. He was ousted from a police department somewhere out east. Is he actually a parking lot attendant? Is he working undercover? 

I wonder if any other BB actors will show up. I can see Jesse on a future episode needing Saul's services. Will we see Walter White on the show? 

I know they have a timeline for the show, I just wonder how far they can take it.

I know Tuco is a drug dealer/gangster in the making, on his way to becoming a bad guy.  (He's already a bad guy, as evidenced by his dealing with "Jimmy" in the desert.  I think there's more to come in the next episode...)

But I can't figure out what Mike's role is. He was ousted from a police department somewhere out east. Is he actually a parking lot attendant? Is he working undercover?  (Yes, I think in some capacity he is working under cover, for someone.  He gets to see everyone that comes and goes to the courthouse/jail facility)

I wonder if any other BB actors will show up. I can see Jesse on a future episode needing Saul's services . Will we see Walter White on the show? (We may see him and Jesse, but it seemed to me that they both had just met Saul in BB, and had no prior meeting...)

"HERE'S JOHNNY!!"  

Hilarious!  That awful family is so easy to hate.

yea, I broke out laughing when he stuck his head in the tent with that line.  then the money, splassssh, all over the floor.

Does anyone think Saul (Jimmy) is going to accept the forthcoming bribe?

Edited by Gilbert

• 2 weeks later...