La Scala advice

imahawki78

I don't know if the ones I have purchased in the past where nos from EV. Thats why I asked, I have never felt the sound is sub par. The guy I have purchased from, is the type to buy out as much stock is possible. If there was a way to identify that would nice to know.

PM me pictures and I will get back with you to tell you what you have -
bce427d205249438573bc7bcc7dced3a.jpg

100% original - electrovoice and the last batches made -

Edited by Randyh

I don't know if the ones I have purchased in the past where nos from EV. Thats why I asked, I have never felt the sound is sub par. The guy I have purchased from, is the type to buy out as much stock is possible. If there was a way to identify that would nice to know.

I can get them for 30.00 each. If anybody is interested.

Guest Steven1963

I did some research and it looks like they are lacquered, not painted like I originally thought.  I found out about it here:

http://www.klipsch.com/heritage-minutia

That might answer alot of the questions you may have about your new scalas.  But you can always pop on the forums and ask also - not trying to persuade you from asking questions.

I went with duder, and the guy selling these is 100% legit.  He is for sure an EV dealer and a world class EV pack rat.  I'm willing to bet that he has the best EV selection in the nation.  Too bad he's in NE and not SC.  I've never seen so many horns!

• Like 1

"this guy calls it by it\s right name   -factory k77 F diaphragm -"

Gee, the same exact part I linked to, for only $15 more from this seller.

(check the photos on both auctions showing the part numbers)

exactly , my point , yours is cheaper - thanks

duder1982,

What is the contact information for the originals and will the guy give a price break on a bulk order?

Thanks,.... Roger

YES that is the easiest way to repair if you have the mud (ferrite or rectangular) magnets. For those with the older, round alnico magnets the loose diaphragm with leads that must be carefully soldered will have to be used. 

Sorry, got busy with work and re-arranging my existing system.  Thanks on the responses about the paint.  No worries Duder on the "hijack" doesn't bother me at all.  I missed your post.  Might be fun to get together some time.  I'd love to hear someone elses system.

• Like 1

YES that is the easiest way to repair if you have the mud (ferrite or rectangular) magnets. For those with the older, round alnico magnets the loose diaphragm with leads that must be carefully soldered will have to be used. 

the plastic cup with the soldered diaphragm can be used on the Alnico round tweeter K77 and the Mud ferrite square magnet alike -

-the only problem on the round alnico magnets is that the old screen may not come off from the horn - so you do not replace the new screen  and you just re-use the old screen with the new gasket in the cup -

Edited by Randyh

• 2 years later...