Introducing myself

UKNorton

Just wanted to say hello as a new member.

I live in the UK and have recently joined the Klipsch user community for the first time  after  replacing my B&W speakers with Cornwall IIIs.

I notice that forum members don't seem to rate them quite as highly as other Heritage models, which worries me slightly, but to be honest I'm absolutely delighted by them.  Maybe I'm just making up for 12 bass-starved years...but they seem to be a very good match  with my low power DNM s/s amps.      

I also suspect that Cornscalas might feature in my system one day - although with zero DIY skills I imagine the individual shipping costs of a pre-built pair to the UK might be prohibitive..

• Like 8

Hi Norton

The Cornwalls are a fine speaker. No worries. 

If you plan on going the Cornscala route, you already have the Cormwall box to work with. You can start with a horn from Fastlane Audio, although a bit of surgery will be required, followed by a new crossover from either ALK Engineering or from Dean Wescott ( easy to do).

Hello UKNorton

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new Cornwalls.

So do you listen to your Corwalls while sipping on some "PG Tips"......lol lol

Just to let you know I was born in Enngland, my mom and dad moved here in 68 yea I was a kid. I just becme a U.S. citizen Oct of last year. I even served in the U.S. army as a English citizen....

Well there are lots of good peeps here you should like it, enjoy your Klipsch

MKP :-)

• Like 1

Hi UK Norton, welcome!

It looks like you are 5 hours ahead of those of us in the New York time zone, so when you are having dinner, we are having lunch (5 hour difference).  I didn't realize your time zone was different from the rest of Europe, except for Portugal.

I think you are right about your newly acquired CW III's not getting much love here in the US.  It's not that we don't like them, but there does not seem to be a lot of people who post on this discussion board who have the latest model.  I do see some CW I & CW II owners, but not the CW III.  It will be interesting to get your take on them, especially compared to your B&W's.

Are your Cornwalls part of a home theater or 5.1 setup?  What kind of music do you listen to? 

I notice that forum members don't seem to rate them quite as highly as other Heritage models,

Norton, the key word is "Heritage."  To the faithful, while one may prefer this or that Heritage personally ALL of them are so far beyond anything else as to only make comparisons with other Heritage speakers meaningful. 

Welcome to the asylum.

Dave

Thanks for the great welcome!

To answer some questions, I'm based in London and listen pretty much exclusively to Orchestral Classical.

Vinyl source is a Michell Gyrodec; digital sources include a Bryston BDP2 into a Chord Hugo and also an Oppo 105. My pre/power amps are from DNM, quirky UK/Swiss perspex boxes putting out 23 s/s watts, but with fantastic resolution and dynamics.

I have used and enjoyed B&W 805 signatures for 12 years, but finally decided this year to replace them with something more efficient,to better match my amps, and with more bass.

I'm just addicted to the (Walnut) Cornwalls, there is just so much more of everything there compared to the B&Ws. At the moment I'm really enjoying Mercury Living Presence and RCA Living Stereo CD and SACD reissues, they seem a natural combination with the Cornwalls, which I guess is no accident given what PWK might have listed to in the Late 50's?

• Like 2

Just wanted to say hello as a new member.

I live in the UK and have recently joined the Klipsch user community for the first time  after  replacing my B&W speakers with Cornwall IIIs.

I notice that forum members don't seem to rate them quite as highly as other Heritage models, which worries me slightly, but to be honest I'm absolutely delighted by them.  Maybe I'm just making up for 12 bass-starved years...but they seem to be a very good match  with my low power DNM s/s amps.      

I also suspect that Cornscalas might feature in my system one day - although with zero DIY skills I imagine the individual shipping costs of a pre-built pair to the UK might be prohibitive..

Welcome!!! I've got much love for the Cornwall!  There's ongoing debate between the Cornwall and Chorus/II (which is also a fine speaker).  There's also the La'scala/Belle vs Cornwall debate ...hence the Cornscala.  However, there are some that rank the Cornwall as the next best thing to a Khorn (for total frequency range) - the LaScala definitely has the Khorn midrange production. 

I'm happy with my Corns - I've had them for 4 years and 4 months I believe... 5 more months and they will be the speakers that have stayed in front duty production the longest (previously held by my Snell E-II's).