Scammer alert - Indianapolis

jimjimbo

Tough to get a solid fix on this guy, because he changes names all the time, but a couple of items have remained pretty fixed...He will send reply mail from a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 5 (has that in his mail signature...real smart), and the second thing is he always demands, and I mean demands, that you provide a phone number.  I have run up against him a couple of times, and he is a complete fruitcake.  Beware.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, no.  As I said, he changes names, and posts mostly in the Indy area.  If you ever were to talk with him....he has a pretty significant southern accent, and yaks, and yaks, and yaks.  It's always about how great his audio stuff is....If you piss him off (which I have)...in his warped mind you are doomed from ever buying anything in the area again.  I think he sees himself as the local audio Mafioso....

And just in case you were all wondering....no, this isn't Colter....I think... :ph34r:

Here is one of his current ads:

http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/ele/4885844448.html

• Like 1

I have never physically seen his stuff.  In the 3 times I have dealt with him (once on the phone), he asked me to send a deposit prior to coming to look at something so he would hold it.  The two times I dealt with him via email, he became extremely irate that I didn't want to provide my phone.  And I mean, somewhat irrational...

Here's an example:  I sent a mail inquiring about an item.  He replied with:  GIVE ME A CONTACT NUMBER!!  When I didn't respond in 15 minutes....He sent a mail: WELL?????!!!!!

You get the point, I hope.

• Like 1

So give him the local police department number.  Or you can give him the suicide hotline number.  Either would probably rub him the wrong way.  Depending on how he handled being routed to unsuspected number he might get an unwanted visit. 

;)  

• Like 5

FIRST RESPONSE

TD160

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5

-------- Original message --------

From: Earl Hall <d2dfdaa77ddf3132926acca76c0c0bba@reply.craigslist.org>

Date: 02/12/2015 9:30 PM (GMT-05:00)

To: d5rrj-4885844448@sale.craigslist.org

Subject: older turntable

What type of Thorens tt do you have?

http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/ele/4885844448.html