JBL 4311b Facelift Like or Not

sean5340

I'd like some opinions on how this turned out. I'm kind of on the fence leaning towards I like it.

The name plate follicles are not bent or anything but are not great cosmetically. I decided to make grills that cover the entire motor board. Also, I went with a tan/gray grill cloth. 

post-21249-0-63200000-1423835252_thumb.j

post-21249-0-32400000-1423835269_thumb.j

• Like 4

I'd like some opinions on how this turned out. I'm kind of on the fence leaning towards I like it.

The name plate follicles are not bent or anything but are not great cosmetically. I decided to make grills that cover the entire motor board. Also, I went with a tan/gray grill cloth. 

great job -

As for your work, frankly, I'm not sure what you're worried about.  Maybe because it is your own work, and we're all our own worst critics, because know where the warts are.  It looks fine to me.

+++

And...

No problem with your JBL posts here, my friend.  I had Bose before I had my Klipsch. 

God is not done with you yet.  B)

Edited by wvu80

Jimmy knew some stuff. He was a good dude. Sorta surprised your not over on the lansing heritage site. ;)

I had Lascalas for years and joined this site when I got them. I have learned a lot here and have had some good interactions.

I did try to join that site a few days ago and was rejected for some reason. I don't need them anyway.

• Like 1