Whats a good onkyo 2 channel reciever for my RF-7 iis?

1mike1

a plan is helpful if you know that you want such and such a speaker then you will need an amp to provide what that speaker requires and one that can also deliver what you expect in terms of output level. Then you need a preamp and the very best quality source that you can afford. Cutting corners results in much wasted time money and frustration. Since you are the one spending the money you need to make the decisions. You need to listen to a bunch of amps and decide. It might be very helpful if you were first to listen to systems built around the speaker of your choice. If then you hear the magic you desire you can simply replicate that system for known results. I hope that you don't really think that you can go on line and find out what it is that you like? Ideas suggestions and good will yes but only you know what you like. Visit as many RF7 owners as you can and listen to their system. What made you buy the RF7 in the first place? Do you really like it? Have you heard it make the music of your dreams and if so where and on what gear? Good luck. Best regards Moray James.

Just got my rf 7s in yesterday and they are amazing but im only using a 2 or 300 dollar onkyo reciever on them and wondering what a great reciever would be to match them with?thanks for any advice

Are your RF7II's just for 2-channel?

Is the receiver you are currently using a mutichannel AVR or stereo receiver?

Are you dead set on Onkyo?  Which would be a fine choice if you are.

Does it have to be a receiver?

Would you consider an integrated stereo amp?

Do you have a max budget?

One suggestion, if this rig is just for 2-channel and highly detailed full body music is you goal, then I advise against an HT AVR to achieve that goal.

Bill

Its a onkyo tx-8050 2 channel..and ofcourse i dont think that mark thats why im asking for opinions..i got the rf 7 iis bc they are a significant upgrade from my rf82s and i got a insane deal on them.they sound absolutely amazing i was just curious how "much" im missin out on,on there full potential with the reciever im using..i really like onkyo from my experience with it on my 82s..i really dont have a price range.i suppose id spend anywhere up to a grand if the difference would be justifiable for the price diff..i dont care about bass..there not in a huge room and they sound plenty bass heavy now and rock and softer acoustic stuff is what i listen to mostly.thanks

Its a onkyo tx-8050 2 channel..and ofcourse i dont think that mark thats why im asking for opinions..i got the rf 7 iis bc they are a significant upgrade from my rf82s and i got a insane deal on them.they sound absolutely amazing i was just curious how "much" im missin out on,on there full potential with the reciever im using..i really like onkyo from my experience with it on my 82s..i really dont have a price range.i suppose id spend anywhere up to a grand if the difference would be justifiable for the price diff..i dont care about bass..there not in a huge room and they sound plenty bass heavy now and rock and softer acoustic stuff is what i listen to mostly.thanks

Okay, I think the Onkyo TX-8050(same as my Integra DTM-40.4) has a great preamp section so I would just add an outboard 2-channel amp to the mix.

Where is your location if I missed it before?  Oh yeah, Arkansas.

Some suggestions that will let your RF-7II's rip.

This Parasound is one great amp, especially for the price.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-parasound-new-classic-2125-v-2-stereo-amplifier-150x2-2015-02-12-amplifiers-74008-bixby-ok

I owned the 2 generations before this amp B&K EX4420 and it rocked my RF-63's.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-b-k-reference-200-2-beautiful-sound-2015-02-09-amplifiers-92705-cowan-heights-ca

Bill

Edited by willland

if youre budget doesnt allow buying new & you want an avr for movie use too, i would suggest an onkyo receiver from around 3-5 years ago,  the txnr 805-809 series are very good receivers & have most the modern features like hdmi, audesy set up, & 7.1 etc etc.  i have an 805 & its rated at 130 watts per all channels & sound great in 2ch music, SACD music or movie modes.  for the used prices ($250-350) of a good working unit they cant be beat.  

Hmm would a onkyo 9050 2 channel amp be a good improvement?

I don't believe so but you may consider the much heftier Onkyo A-9070 which will have more control with your RF-7II's. 

I still think if you like the sound of your TX-8050 and it's many features, then just add a quality 2-channel amp to the mix.

Bill

So the 9070 onkyo amp for 5-600 more would be the better choice over the onkyo 9050 amp?

Yes I do think so.

Almost twice the weight, 39.0 LBS vs 23.0 LBS, which it turn most likely means beefier power supply and heftier construction, and probably better parts.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onka9050/onkyo-a-9050-integrated-stereo-amplifier/1.html#!specifications

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onka9070/onkyo-a-9070-stereo-integrated-amplifier/1.html

Bill