wow...4 KP-301's $400.

angusruler

He hasn't e-mailed me back.  I would thing that if he wanted a bidding war he'd contact everyone who replied.

The bidding war would be weird to have in front of someone's house. Besides, usually you just show up with whatever cash the seller is asking and not much else.

OK just got a e-mail from this a$$ hole.......he says how about this weekend cuz I'm setting up more people to come and look at them......WTF.......still no phone number or address.

I'm about done this crap......

I just sent him my last-mail......so what's his plan??? To give out his address Sat morning and we flock to his house to fight over the 301's.

Not me......... if I don't speak with the person selling something on the Craigs list I'm not going.

This guy is a tool

MKP

How-a-bout you get some cash and show up at his front door TONIGHT?.........I would.
If I had his address I would

Did not know you had no address as to the impending bidding war this flake is trying to set up.

Write these off as of now, will PM you as to how to have fun a CG flake.

• Like 2

That's the problem when these alerts get too popular. If one local guys calls dibs, everyone else should just wish him luck. Instead the seller gets hammered with emails from guys all over the country. Most of which with no actual interest to buy. He probably assumed there wouldn't be much interest in pro/industrial looking speakers. After all the responses I'm sure he's done his homework, and isn't about to leave all that money left on the table. I've seen a lot of deals blown this way. I wouldn't be surprised if some clown emailed him to tell him they're worth more. I hope it works out for you MKP.

• Like 2

yea...looks like he's trying to start a bidding war....oh well....sorry dude.

It's all good my man.......sometimes it's just not meant to be......but we will see.

MKP

Never heard of 301s before...are those things basically industrial Cornwalls?

Industrial Chorus.

do listings on Craigs List cost any listing fees like EBAY and do they charge a percentage on the sale -

do listings on Craigs List cost any listing fees like EBAY and do they charge a percentage on the sale -

No.
Yea it's all a free listing......iv'e done a good bit of buying and selling on Craigs List.....most of the time it's all good....

Like ....now I am buying a old Wheelhorse tractor that I found on Craigs List, the seller listed his phone number....I called we spoke....we worked out a time....and all is good. It's like this most of the time.

But this Klipsch deal has just gone wronge......I don't know

MKP

MPK, I agree with Mr. Smith, the "deal" is exactly what it looks like; if it looks too good to be true, it's not.  Time to stop agonizing, and time to move on. 

Don't let this scammer game bother you or waste any more of your time because that is the troll's game.

well no

No.
Yea it's all a free listing......iv'e done a good bit of buying and selling on Craigs List.....most of the time it's all good....
Like ....now I am buying a old Wheelhorse tractor that I found on Craigs List, the seller listed his phone number....I called we spoke....we worked out a time....and all is good. It's like this most of the time.
But this Klipsch deal has just gone wronge......I don't know
MKP

hi MKP - I never got an email back from the guy - no news here for ya 

It looks like the guy has some other gear. If he isn't too awful far away, it might be worth the risk of a bidding war. Just figure the max you are willing to pay.

Actually, you might just email him with the max you will pay but it is a take it or leave it offer. If he says no, then you didn't waste a trip.  

move on already. no "deal" is worth this much hassle and frustration.

I'm there Thaddeus Smith.....my last e-mail to him was this afternoon.......he has my number......done!!!

MKP

the seller was maybe in need of urgent money , so he put the lowest price in order to do a quick sale -  on ebay  he would have gotten 800$ ina couple of days  , no problem

That's the problem when these alerts get too popular. If one local guys calls dibs, everyone else should just wish him luck. Instead the seller gets hammered with emails from guys all over the country. Most of which with no actual interest to buy. He probably assumed there wouldn't be much interest in pro/industrial looking speakers. After all the responses I'm sure he's done his homework, and isn't about to leave all that money left on the table. I've seen a lot of deals blown this way. I wouldn't be surprised if some clown emailed him to tell him they're worth more. I hope it works out for you MKP.

+1

I agree with everything you wrote. 

"Call dibs"?  What is this, 3rd grade?  Secondly, unless someone specifically shows their location, there is no way to know where they are, so "local" means nothing.....

Bottom line, if you have interest in something, and don't want half the free world to know about it, DON'T put it in the Alerts!  Simple as that.