Evolution of YOUR rooms and systems

TasDom

I was inspired by Youthman to organize the photos on my PC and got caught up on how my room has changed over the last several months. Thought it would be fun to start a thread showing how your room / system has changed over the years, months, weeks.....Posting in the HT section but not limited to HT only so please post away......... :)

Front1_zpse3375535.jpgFront2_zps5412a20b.jpgFront3_zpsd89079a3.jpgFront4_zpsb13f7f52.jpg

Front5_zpsc22854be.jpgRear1_zps5d7d0abe.jpgRear2_zps2d053972.jpgMediaEquipment1_zps03bc53a3.jpgMediaEquipment2_zps4fa57393.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

Here is a very small snapshot of my system over time, skipping over the many Klipsch speakers that have made their way in and out of my HT.  The snapshot shows basically what remained.

My Klipsch journey all began in January of 2008 with the purchase of CF-2, KV-4 & a Velodyne F1500 sub that I found on Craigslist for $250 to use in my home office.

Klipsch%20%2812%29.JPG

Moved them into the living room and upgraded to the RF-83 (see how slippery the slope is)

2318186364_21c29db4d5_b.jpg

Purchased our first home which had a 13' x 19' "Media Room".

Construction-HT-1.jpg

construction-ht-2.jpg

Sold the CF-2 & KV-1 and purchased an RC-7 to go with the RF-83's. 

The original plan for the HT was to buy a 55" LCD TV.  Once I drew it out on the wall, I realized quickly that would not even come close to the movie experience I was wanting.

theater_room_01.jpg

Got myself a super fancy entertainment center (aka storage bin) and a massive 19" screen and began painting the room!

klipsch.jpg

Sold the RC-7 and purchased the RC-64

rc-64.jpg

Upgraded my 19" screen to a 103" screen with a Panasonic AE3000u Projector and added a pair of RS-52.

447c68d0_TheaterRoom2.jpeg

Edited by Youthman

• Moderators

Then I found this set on Craigslist so I sold the RS-52 and added RS-62ii for side and back surrounds.  The RC-64ii went into my son's bedroom, the RF-7ii into the living room for a 2ch setup, the other pair of RF-7ii went to Wakejunkie's house and I sold the RB-81ii as I did not have a need for them.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

(4) RS-62's installed

Home-Theater-Rear-Wall.jpg

Purchased a pair of LaScalas just to hear in my own home and liked them so much, I purchased a 3rd one from Wstrickland and sold my RF-83 / RC-64

b0cabf0f_Klipsch-LaScala-vs-RF-83-2.jpeg

Was running Dual Velodyne HGS15's until I found a Klipsch RSW-15....loved it so much I sold the pair of Velodyne's and purchased a second RSW-15

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-3.JPG

Moved the RSW-15's behind the false wall and am currently enjoying my setup

Klipsch-LaScala-Screenshot.jpg

Once Wakejunkie has recovered from his 3 strokes, he is going to rebuild my front wall to accommodate the LaScalas behind the wall and will be upgrading from a 103" screen to a 150" Acoustic Transparent Screen.

Final-Front-Wall-1.jpg

Final-HT-8.jpg

Added some tweaks to the design of the cabinets but will function the same.

home-theater-render-1.jpg

• Like 4

Gosh!!!  Absolutely beautiful and fantastic!  

Does anyone still "just" listen to music anymore?  

May I repeat a story I posted a while ago?

I remember back in 1970-71, as a young Naval officer finishing up 10 mos aboard ship in the Med.  Amphibious ships in the squadron, carrying Marines for potential duty in any kind of landing or other action. 

Anyway, we had a 1st LT Marine officer from Brooklyn.  Very Italian last name, and 2nd generation upbringing from his Italian father.

We did the usual things of buying all the stereo receivers, tape decks, turntables, speakers (and booze) that was priced very right.  He made his audio purchases, and we were talking about them in the wardroom over lunch one day.  I can still hear the man (we changed/shortened the last name to "Cockroach") saying, “But, I can already hear what my Pop is gonna say . . .  (hands and arms thrown up in the air), "You already got a Victrola!”

Edited by JiminSTL

I enjoy my RF-7ii system for music listening but lately, I've found myself listening to the LaScala's for music.  They are just hard to beat.

Great pics as always Michael, I also enjoy(ed) my 7II's for music but since acquiring the Belle's, I can't remember the last time I used them for music.

Loving this journey!

Then I found this set on Craigslist so I sold the RS-52 and added RS-62ii for side and back surrounds.  The RC-64ii went into my son's bedroom, the RF-7ii into the living room for a 2ch setup, the other pair of RF-7ii went to Wakejunkie's house and I sold the RB-81ii as I did not have a need for them.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

(4) RS-62's installed

Home-Theater-Rear-Wall.jpg

Purchased a pair of LaScalas just to hear in my own home and liked them so much, I purchased a 3rd one from Wstrickland and sold my RF-83 / RC-64

b0cabf0f_Klipsch-LaScala-vs-RF-83-2.jpeg

Was running Dual Velodyne HGS15's until I found a Klipsch RSW-15....loved it so much I sold the pair of Velodyne's and purchased a second RSW-15

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-3.JPG

Moved the RSW-15's behind the false wall and am currently enjoying my setup

Klipsch-LaScala-Screenshot.jpg

Once Wakejunkie has recovered from his 3 strokes, he is going to rebuild my front wall to accommodate the LaScalas behind the wall and will be upgrading from a 103" screen to a 150" Acoustic Transparent Screen.

Final-Front-Wall-1.jpg

Final-HT-8.jpg

Added some tweaks to the design of the cabinets but will function the same.

home-theater-render-1.jpg

love pic #4!the subs with the lascalas really look great! would be a great looking heritage ad.

• Moderators
Great pics as always Michael

Thanks Tasdom. 

Loving this journey!

It's a blast for sure.  :D

love pic #4!the subs with the lascalas really look great! would be a great looking heritage ad.

Thanks.  That is my fav pic I've taken of the LS.

• Like 1