Evolution of YOUR rooms and systems

TasDom

I enjoy my RF-7ii system for music listening but lately, I've found myself listening to the LaScala's for music.  They are just hard to beat.

Youth,

I know you have subs, but you really need to hear a pair of Klipschorns without a sub next to LaScalas without a sub, there is a lot of imformation missing between 35 Hz and 50 Hz!

Roger

• Moderators

Roger, I would love to hear Khorns without a sub but almost any speaker would spank the LaScalas in the bottom end. It just isn't there.

The only khorns I've heard were Deafbykhoens when I bought his Parasound HCA2205a amp. He had it hooked up to all McIntosh gear and a Velodyne DD18.

Trent, your room looks fantastic and I bet it sounds fantastic as well. Have you ever considered going with a 2.35:1 screen? That would look incredible in your setup if you watch a lot of bluray content.

sony 40es lacks the zoom feature which would make that a no way imo. Unless he went panamorph lens. Those are expensive.

Thanks much!!! Yep the projector won't allow it. My new Sony walks all over my Mitsubishi HC-7000 except in black levels and the 2:35-1. I've considered the screen for sure, but it will have to come later. Maybe a good upgrade when I go 4K in a few years.

I upgrade once a year at tax return time so I'm done for the year. Next year I would like to get the Emotiva XMC-1 and an XPA-5 amp, or just keep my Fusion and get an XSP-1 for analog two channel bliss.

Edited by Trentster5172