NEW FOR 2015 PAY PAL

A1UC

Ebay making it easier for buyers to screw seller's, even if they say they are selling pay pal as a separate entity, they have their hand in everything. They are horrible, that is why I stopped using them recently. They had the nerve to charge me a seller fee on something a buyer never paid for and then tried to deduct it from my account and said it was a "dispute". I said how could it be a dispute if they never paid? They then sent me to collections for a fee I refused to pay on a payment I never received in less than a 2 week timeframe from the time of the transaction. Afterwards as they still didn't correct it, they tried to say it was from a transaction that happened 3 months prior,even though I had several other transactions done afterwards and paid the fees. And they will never agree they made a mistake.

The pendulum swings one way and then the next.  I quit using ebay years ago because the sellers were untrustworthy and so many scammers were involved.  It went from a kind of national garage sale to an international scam machine full of people making a living on it.  Many were legit but way too many were not.  I am amazed the place still exists quite frankly.

Amazon. Not for paypal.  I still use paypal occasionally to make a payment but not receive.  And I use a credit card through paypal for real protection in a dispute.  it worked wonders when I tried to buy some heresies on ebay when the whole thing screwed up.  It was funny how paypal and ebay screamed that I should have gone through their uncertain drawn out ridiculous process when Amex took right care of it in a jiffy.  I'd rather use my instincts and local awareness on craigslist than risk ebay.   Otherwise for audio I have had no problems with semi social sites like audiogon, and of course never had any issue dealing with people here on the Klipsch forum.

• Like 1

Not for paypal.

yes there are a few alternatives to Paypal.

Actually there are more than a few, but most are not reputable or have not been in business very long; But these have been around for quite a while, and are established and reputable:

Merchant, Inc.,.... geared for US and International sellers....

Escrow.com,......  geared for relatively large transactions there's

There's also HyperWallet, Checkfree, CertaPay and many others. Some are country or region specific, some international, but the 2 mentioned above are solid. I believe Merchant, Inc. is also accepted fro ebay transactions.

• Like 1