Klipschorn copy Speakerlab K Folded Horn Speakers - 350W - $350 (Denver)

Mystery

Noaf...

Looking at the size and drivers, I won't call copy of Klipschorns...

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/4894268079.html

00Q0Q_349iSqnmrR7_600x450.jpg00n0n_eVfCAlJufDf_600x450.jpg00z0z_7Cc3ktOZI1V_600x450.jpg

Speakerlab K Folded Horn Speakers - Pair. These are based on the famous Klipsch corner-horn design much like the pair of Klipschorns also listed on CL right now for 7000.00.
All Original drivers and crossovers. Amazing sound and incredibly efficient. 15" woofer firing into folded horn enclosure uses the corner of the room to extend the horn dynamic. Fluid cooled midrange and Wave Aperture Tweeter. Front mounted crossover has adjustment to tailor base response to your room or taste. This is the later model K that has a hexagonal shape as opposed to the earlier model that more resembled the Klipsch Corner Horn. This model stands 41" tall. The fronts and tops are solid cherry but I refinished them in a durable satin black a few years ago. I love these speakers but I bought a house that just doesn't have any spaces for these speakers to live up to their full potential (no good corners in listening areas). The clarity and depth of the sound from these speakers will amaze you. The amazing base response is full and tight, much better than most subwofers.

Edited by Mystery

Not sure what that speaker is, but is not the Speakerlab knockoff of a K-horn, I have a 1978 copy of the Speakerlab construction plans.  Never built them and a pair of genuine Klipschorns are playing in the living room.  

I had four Speakerkab SKhorns in 1976. They were good. The crossovers were the weak link.

Those appear to be some of the last Speakerlab Klipschorn copies. There is no comparison to real Khorns worth $7,000. Nonetheless, $350 is a bargain.

The seller doesn't know how to spell "bass."

Edited by DizRotus

If someone needs K Horn bass bins for a project, this is a very good deal.

This has a K Horn bass bin minus the void area at the outside.  They are 24" wide if that helps.  The front needs to be made a little wider to complete the bass bin (and the junk on the front stripped). 

If you take these apart, there is a good set of tweeters and a set of K Horn bass Bins.  Add a mid horn and crossover and some woodworking and you can build a nice set of cornerhorns. 

Of keep them the way they are and add a mid horn and crossovers.