Break in for new Heresy III?

Shaun K

The box looks good.  Hook that puppy up.

What will you do with the old one?

Gonna hook it up later this afternoon after I finish up some work.

The old one is being picked up today by UPS.  The guy at AcousticSoundDesign sent a call tag for it the same day he shipped me a new speaker.

just something to think about on the break in thing...  if these were open box speakers or "returns" there is no telling how long the prev owner(s) had them.  theoretically they could have 100's of hours on them or at least as much as you have before the guy decided he didnt like the way they sound. 

i would hook up the new one by itself for a few hours at mid volume & even do a left/right comparison to the other good one you have &/or the broken one.  that will tell you if there was really an problem with the other 2 or if you just dont like the heresy sound compared to the klf. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The box looks good.  Hook that puppy up.

What will you do with the old one?

Gonna hook it up later this afternoon after I finish up some work.

The old one is being picked up today by UPS.  The guy at AcousticSoundDesign sent a call tag for it the same day he shipped me a new speaker.

I had a quick question - doesthe speaker box , you got says where the Heresy 3 speaker is made - China - maybe - tx

There are mixed opinions over speaker break in.  In my experience speakers need broken in, mine sounded lifeless and dull when new.  I am a fan of playing them to break them in, although I have heard of people running sine waves through them at high volume levels for hours on end.

If Klipsch says 100 hours for break in, then does not sound crazy to me.  My last new speakers took well over a month, and after a year they sound much better than when new out-of-the-box.

There are mixed opinions over speaker break in.  In my experience speakers need broken in, mine sounded lifeless and dull when new. 

I am with the "break in" camp even though I have only purchased an RC-64, RC-62, and RB-35's new.  All benefited some with a few hours of constant play after hooking up.

Bill 

I shipped them back this week.  I still think a pair of these is in my future, but it will likely be an older set that's been treated well and costs 1/4 the price of new :).

Hmm, there is a set of HI's with Crites crossovers locally for $450....

I shipped them back this week. I still think a pair of these is in my future, but it will likely be an older set that's been treated well and costs 1/4 the price of new :).

Hmm, there is a set of HI's with Crites crossovers locally for $450....

why did they get sent back? Still didn't luke the sound? Maybe Cornwalls should be sought after. Little fuller sound and tons of good clean bass. Used pair can be had for 800-1200 bucks in good condition