Initial impressions of Reference Premiere

Scrappydue

Some more first impressions. 

i have got to listen to only a little bit of material so far. 

first thoughts on these tower: WOW the bass these are capable of is just astonishing. and the woofers barely move. i feel as if i remember my RF-62's moving a little more. pretty impressed so far. gonna give them a few days of tv time to break in a little bit. 

first thoughts on the RP-450C: this might be a good move on klipsch's part to fill the price void from what was the rc-62ii and the rc-64ii. like what i am hearing so far. although i do wish it was sealed or front ported. 

RS-250S: haven't done any movie listening yet. only some tv material and really only hearing from the front three so far. 

I do love having a bit more speaker than the RF-42ii home theater as I'm used to more plus my svs gets to shine a bit more. 

Absolutely love the new design on these. the baffles are so clean with new grills. my wife loves the new grills and the new surrounds much more the REF ii stuff. 

so being a little softer in the treble than the REF-ii stuff and being nicer looking was clearly a good move on klipschs part. 

more to come as i listen more

• Like 1

Let people know when you are going to sell the RF 42 system so forum members can line up, lol.  The new speakers look great!

the RF-42ii set is already for sale on Facebook. also will be on craigslist as well later. can't offer a good enough price to forum members with shipping. if i start losing a bunch of money my leash will be shortened quickly as the wife won't allow me to buy as i please anymore. i prefer long leashes and will wait for the right buyer  :D

• Like 1

Sorry guys. Spent two of my three days off going to get them. I work from when I wake up till when I go to bed just about Wednesday through Saturday. Haven't even turned them on since yesterday for myself. Now my wife on the other hand has been watching tv for the last few hours but she thinks they all sound good :)

Congratulations!

Certainly nice and clean look. I've auditioned RF 42 II, 52 II, 62 II, 82 II and it's certainly is a upgrade for you with RP-260F.

That said new Reference Premier series seems a step up from rest of Reference II series (except RF-7 II and RC-64 II). Well done Klipsch!

Yes you read it correctly. Lol I don't hate Klipsch subs. Just think some don't live up to the Klipsch name. That's all. Loved my rsw-10d, rt-10d, and kl-120's.

But yes I thought the sounded R-115w's sound descent for music (not mine so don't have tons of music time on them) and movies were sweet on them. If I had the room Id snag a pair just to keep the theater matching in the living room. Hope on my next three days off to get some more impressions in these new speakers.

The surrounds look like my KSP-S6's in shape and driver configuration, maybe that's what he's talking about?

Wow !! Those are the same surrounds I have. Mind you, they probably aren't the "best" surrounds for my setup, but I am surprised to see them here. Trade someone them and a six-pack of beer for some Lascalas :D

Bryant

Carl is hounding me for more I can tell. So still haven't watched much as I've been super busy on my days off.

Today however my dad came over and we watched edge of tomorrow upstairs since my son was home. My dad hadn't seen it yet so I threw it in and knew he would enjoy it. Cranked it on up to -15 and hit play. Well of course that initial bass sine went to town in the Svs (had totally forgot about it). I thought the surrounds did a great job. However the front three kind of let me down. Specifically the center today. I'm still trying not to be too judgemental till I have seen some more stuff. But I will say I thought for the first time ever my center needed to be turned up. Just felt it wasn't mixing well with the 260's. Everything has been calibrated and I haven't noticed it till today. Normal TV sounds good on the center. Im thinking the laid back sound will be nice for newer Klipsch users but I think my ears preferred the "brighter" ref ii center. Specifically the rc-62ii. I still think that the rc-62ii is a better bang for the buck, and even a better center as it's more designed for a typical user being fromt ported. I think this new center looks great like the 64 but a STUPID idea to rear port it. Will make it just about impossible to use for MANY users out there.