Initial impressions of Reference Premiere

Scrappydue

How would the new reference surrounds pair for side wall mounted surrounds with rf7 front and rear? Good blend sonically? Or is the new tweeter design going to sound silly for the dispersion side surrounds? Can't decide if I get the RS62ii or get the new side surrounds.

That's why I just scored a pair of RS-62ii before they are all gone.

Did the price come down considerably because they're the "old" model? ($200 off is what I found quick with a Google search- doesn't seem $200 off is enough to pull the trigger yet)

if you meant 200 a pair then no. 200 off a piece is as cheap as I've seen them selling ever new. 800 is a good deal on them. That's 66% of retail

• 1 year later...
On 2/17/2015 at 8:53 AM, Bryant0086 said:

I almost feel bad for saying this, but I was trying to multitask while reading this thread. I sort of got "they sound crappy and look awful" out of it. Of course I immediately re-read it, and I actually laughed out loud when I realized what it said.

Great looking setup brother !!

Bryant

I have to admit I read it the same way. I too just purchased a pair of RP-250s' and with an excruciating amount of research, mixed them with my Reference II series speakers. RF-7's, RC-64, RB-61's and R-12SW. The incredibly difficult to find and out of production RS-52' and 62' lead me to snag a pair of the RP-250's which I hope will compliment my Ref II 7.2 setup. 

Hey there Scrappy!

I am late to the party in this thread.  But I think you remember I had the RP-280's right when they came out.  Never been disappointed.  And the 115SW...OOOOOOO, I love mine.  

I had a blast (almost literally) playing Jurassic World for my friends.  I decided it would be a good idea to stretch the speakers a bit.  Honestly, they are capable of making my ears ring.  So much for paying for concerts.  LOL