opinions on klipsch R-10b sound bar with wireless sub

mummeje1

Gettign a sound bar is like getting a good set of PC speakers. They are limited by the size of the drivers and the amount of power they can push. They are convenience devices that, at best, do a passable job of giving the impression of a good sound system. Even the best will only be, "pretty good"

That being said, my research says the consensus on the R-10b is that they sound pretty good but are skimpy on inputs and some other features. Klipsch tried to prioritize sound quality over toys but your mileage will vary on the value of that.

I myself have a R10B in my bedroom, when I could easily have a complete separates system like I do downstairs. The R10 works very nicely because it's a legitimate improvement and means that watching television in the bedroom no longer means sacrificing sound. Violetgrey is correct in that the R10B is performance first like all of our products. That philosophy does not change with the higher end bars; they simply are able to include more features.

Soundbars will not replace discrete component systems. I feel that should be obvious to most people. However, for those pinched for space, a soundbar absolutely is a great option. As I've said many times, we don't release products we aren't confident in. The same acoustic and electronic engineers behind our most expensive products are the same ones who engineer the least expensive ones. This guarantees that what you end up with is something that isn't just out there to be inexpensive. A true engineer does not believe in doing things halfway. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...