Regurgitated Sound Effects.

Quiet_Hollow

Anyone else getting tired of Hollywood using the same sound clips in every frigg'n production?

Helicopters do not sound like the super-slow "wup wup wup" ones from Transformers.

Audience acclaim doesn't sound like that one canned "cheer" I've been hearing for the last two decades.

Dragons do not sound like the T-rex from Jurassic park...I know, because I have have one.

Computers....still do not make a noise every time I touch one, much less the same high-pitched bleep that's depicted in any scene where there is one.

The Empire did not have a contract with Universal for blasters in every flick since then....etc. etc.

• Like 2

That is why I like movies like Apocalypse Now and Master and Commander because they took the time to sit down and create original audio and do it right. I heard that to get the rigging sound in the storm, the production crew loaded up a pickup with ropes etc, hooked up a bunch of mics and drove 80mph into the wind.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting tired of Hollywood using the same sound clips in every frigg'n production?

Helicopters do not sound like the super-slow "wup wup wup" ones from Transformers.

Audience acclaim doesn't sound like that one canned "cheer" I've been hearing for the last two decades.

Dragons do not sound like the T-rex from Jurassic park...I know, because I have have one.

Computers....still do not make a noise every time I touch one, much less the same high-pitched bleep that's depicted in any scene where there is one.

The Empire did not have a contract with Universal for blasters in every flick since then....etc. etc.

Been driving me nuts for years... Exaggerated everything.

• Like 1