Wtb CT 125 horn -any color

OO1

Last I heard, Bob will only sell the whole unit, not the horns without drivers. That may have changed, but I doubt it. I don't blame him for needing to recover his development costs.

I know Bob will sell the driver without the horn - but I'm not sure about the horn without the driver. I had a blown CT-125 and he sold me just the driver (I don't know if he was just being kind or what...very happy he did it though). 

His development costs were in having a lens (horn) fabricated that was a drop-in replacement for the EV T35/K77 and that would connect to the Eminence APT driver. He could never recover those costs if he sold just the horn to customers who bought the drivers from Parts Express, or the like, unless he charged most of the cost of the complete CT125 for the horn alone. On the other hand, he can afford to sell just the driver.

Bob's one of the good guys in this hobby. He deserves to be fairly compensated for his expertise, investments and efforts.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

can you just use the front end of K77 or must it have the attachment point/throat of the CT125? 

you can use the front of the k77 with a APT 50 - it can be done but it is a mess to cut and glue - and looks awful - Bob Crites made the CT125 by purchasing a machine that fabricates a k77 horn with the right adaptor for the apt 50 old style and  maybe new style as well -  that is where the driver and horn work well together -

IMG_0938.JPG

Edited by Randyh

can you just use the front end of K77 or must it have the attachment point/throat of the CT125?

or make my own - I have access to these mahines - you would have to make the concept and produce a few units -

Edited by Randyh

On 2/18/2015 at 8:13 AM, DizRotus said:

Last I heard, Bob will only sell the whole unit, not the horns without drivers. That may have changed, but I doubt it. I don't blame him for needing to recover his development costs.

agreed 

thanks mike - it is a good idea  - now if you dont have a k77 horn  -   there are also those cheap Piezo tweeters 2$  that have a horn like the k77's - exactly like the ones tlipsch put in the tweeter arrays in the big pro series - that is the cheapest way to avoid scrapping a k77 horn lense

Edited by Randyh

you need that particular lens, or can elliptical work

what does the elliptical look like - I think I saw these made out of wood on this forum or was it the waveguides - these were made to fit the APT 50 - if I am remember right - do you have a picture and the cost of that elliptical horn that can post - txnewTweet.jpg

Edited by Randyh

They were made to fit a B&C DE10, DE120. They don't use the threaded throat. Al sells them with the driver attached, not the horn separately, $158 and $220. They come in pairs.

Dave Harris makes the horns.

http://www.fastlaneaudio.com/tweeter-horns.html

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

They were made to fit a B&C DE10, DE120. They don't use the threaded throat. Al sells them with the driver attached, not the horn separately, $158 and $220. They come in pairs.

Dave Harris makes the horns.

http://www.fastlaneaudio.com/tweeter-horns.html

Bruce

is that the same elliptical horn made of wood that SHU was mentonning above beforeDSCN4258.JPG

Edited by Randyh