RC-7 woofers?

Dylanl

Yes they do. I just ordered one just a few weeks ago to for a cosmetic replacement on one of my RF-5's.

They gave me a good deal and it was just about $63 shipped for the un shielded driver. New ones are pretty, but a different color than the older drivers.

If they still have the shielded version it may be more obviously.

Edited by Fizik

Different color? Do you mean they're the darker copper like is used now?

The new ones are lighter. The older ones in both my rf-5 sets are darker and slightly more...reddish? So 7 out of 8 drivers match. Then there is the one new one.

(Top driver is the new one)

IMG_2481_zps1072c78d.jpg

Edited by Fizik

just a FYI, the RC-7 woofers are different than the rf-5 although they look similar.  I asked klipsch when i bought my replacement woofer for my rf-5 that was dented from when i bought them.

Klipsch has been good about maintaining replacements for this line and keep having new replacements made

just a FYI, the RC-7 woofers are different than the rf-5 although they look similar.  I asked klipsch when i bought my replacement woofer for my rf-5 that was dented from when i bought them.

Klipsch has been good about maintaining replacements for this line and keep having new replacements made

The only difference is the shielding i believe. On their website they are listed as the same driver number: K-1083-SB

Interesting, I thought the newer drivers were the darker ones. The RF/S/C-3's for example were lighter than the II's. Strange they went back to the lighter. Wonder if there was a reason for that.

Maybe the older ones changed with age. I'm guessing the one I received is from the batch they made for the Classic RF-5 in 2009.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...