My two favorite movies in my life

Karsoncookie

first two godfathers and treasure of the sierra madre...a john huston film starring humphrey bogart.

All full of quotes that have permeated our culture.  

"Badges?  We don't need no badges!  I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

"Leave the gun, take the canoli."  

"...made him an offer he couldn't refuse."

"keep yer friends close, and yer enemies closer."

ANYTHING with Jimmie Stewart or Henry Fonda.

Good choices!  :emotion-21:

If you are going to pick James Stewart, I'll pick The Glenn Miller Story as one of my all-time favorites.

The Glenn Miller Story and Stars and Stripes Forever, the story of John Phillips Sousa, are two of the best biographical movies I've ever seen.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Just saw "No Highway In The Sky" with James Stewart….Excellent British movie (hooray, for the scientists!). His best movie imo was "Vertigo"  My favorite movie Is "Forbidden Planet" which is the forerunner of Star Trek and Star Wars.  Oh, and in Andy of Mayberry - my favorite character was Floyd the Barber. Always cracked me up!

My favorite two?

"Jaws" and "Jaws"

Is there another movie?

"Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go . . ."

• Like 2

Sling Blade is about a very simple man in a small southern town attempting to re enter the world after major neglect as a child, then growing up in a psych hospital.  BillyBob Thornton, John Ritter, and Dwight Yoakam.

I would classify it as a Drama. NOT how it sounds, although there are a few violent episodes.

Kinda like how Edward Scissorhands is very different than it sounds, or looks on the cover.

He meets up with a young boy, and the boys mother takes him in.

I'll just say he just returns the favor (IMHO) in a great way.

Very nice.     Lars     

Of Mice and Men is one of my favorites, but to name my top 2 would be extremely hard as my tastes change all the time. 12 Angry Men was also very good, My Life I thought was also good. The Departed, Basketball Diaries a few more. I love a great comedy like There's Something About Mary, and the American Pie, Super Bad movies were funny as heck as it reminded me of my teen years. The Godfather l and ll to name a few more.

Of Mice and Men is one of my favorites, but to name my top 2 would be extremely hard as my tastes change all the time. 12 Angry Men was also very good, My Life I thought was also good. The Departed, Basketball Diaries a few more. I love a great comedy like There's Something About Mary, and the American Pie, Super Bad movies were funny as heck as it reminded me of my teen years. The Godfather l and ll to name a few more.

Out of the 3 Of Mice and Men movies I like the first one the best. 

Just curious Jim, do you like Jim Carroll's music?