Next up, Lil Wrecker

CECAA850

I saw the theoretical freq res and SPL on the F20 and it was bad donkey !!

This one shows 118 dB @ 17Hz @ 1 meter.  Not bad for a single 15" driver.  It's nearly 130dB @ 65 Hz!

Just re-reading this thread.  The above numbers were achieved with a 500 watt amp and the Alpine driver.  This box will have almost 2 1/2 times the power with a driver that has twice the displacement of the Alpine driver.  Fun stuff!

THERES A VID OF IT BLOWING A CANDLE OUT!!! Claudej1's 2 dts10's could of came close but not quite although not sure if anybody has tried with them

Just for you beeker, I tried it with a bic lighter.  It blew it out about a foot from the mouth and it wasn't all the way up.

:o

This is really a subwoofer that stands out from the rest BIG TIME and will hold value for many, many years if taken care of. It is totally worth paying uship for shipping if somebody has the cash and love for quality bass. Too bad you couldn't load it up and pull it to Hope :lol: That would be awesome :D I will bring amp and eq :wacko:

It would be sweet to hear :blink:

• Like 2

And it will be in my house in 3 days. I think it is a little overkill and cant imagine even using half the power it will produce but if it works out like I plan, it will be gently used for HT. I have 3 grandsons and 1 son so when the boys come over and the wife is away, play time. It might get loud.  :D

My intent was to get as close as possible to IB system without actually having IB system. 

• Like 1

And it will be in my house in 3 days. I think it is a little overkill and cant imagine even using half the power it will produce but if it works out like I plan, it will be gently used for HT. I have 3 grandsons and 1 son so when the boys come over and the wife is away, play time. It might get loud.  :D

My intent was to get as close as possible to IB system without actually having IB system. 

If you'll finance me I will buy it anytime..

Its absolutely superb. I would have one if I could afford it...its a dream...heck though when I joined the forum I couldn't wrap my head around having 2 18's in my living room so maybe a lilwreckers not that far off :D

• Like 1

I wouldnt be against CEECA taking up there with him if he wants. Thats a lot of work and liability! I'll see him Saturday as he has been kind enough to come with me to set it up. If he wants to take it, I can live without for a week or 2.

I would love to hear it and have this xls2500 and eq but id hate to stress Carl out to go through the trouble. Low freeq shock waves make people hide and stuff. we want to be nice visitors lol..or better yet we could join the civil war reenactment with some live shelling kaboooms lol

• Like 1

I hear ya, I used to hear about folks having 2 or 3 18 inch subs and I just didnt understand why. Then I learned if done correctly, it is awesome. I think I got the wrong idea cuz of those vehicles stopped at red lights and you can hear em boom 4 cars away. That just didnt do anything for me cuz the bass always drowned out the rest of the music. But getting a sub that can reach those low numbers is what its about.

• Like 1

My 1st ported 15 was a soundstream spl 15 in 1996 lol

before that it was just a little radio shack 8 lol

then 2 15's then several 18's in a car But I couldn't even stabilize 1 18 so it was back to 15's...I had buddies with 20 real good 15's and that's discouraging with only 2 lol

Now days to get close to the same bass I had with 2 15's in a car at home today is perfect but supreme quality bass well I have to accept my limitations...You my friend have got it made!

Iv only heard ib's in cars...I guess that's what they were...I had my doubts about ib just like I had doubt in accepting horn subs...I have no doubt today...its a big hill to climb after many years of believing in and hearing direct subs. Horn subs rule the world!!!!!!

• Like 1

It's definitely not going to Hope, at least not with me.  This sub does not belong to me at this point.  My only goal now is to get it safely to Ronnies.  Mark, if you really want to hear it, you'll be a short 5 or 6 hour drive away when you come to the gathering ;)

I asked my wife the other day if she wanted me to get rid of the cinema f-20 (and move it out to my 2-channel system  :ph34r: ), but she was like.. NO.

I use only a portion of the available performance most of the time, but I have plenty of headroom when I want it. And I come in from time to time and she's blasting some pop Pandora channel with plenty of thumping bass. So while there may be an initial shock factor, I've found that if they let you bring it in the house in the first place they very likely will end up being its biggest fan.

• Like 1

Well said Thad. Like any of our systems (assuming here) none of us run them to their fullest capacity. My wife wont be using it as she doesnt give a hoot about audio although I wish she would. But aint happening.  There is no way I could ask mine if she wanted me to move/remove ANY of my audio gear, I already know that answer.Who knows, maybe this will tip the scales? 

This reminds me of the first time I got a Yamaha YZ 80 for my 11 year old son. I test drove it and the second I got off it, I said no way can I give this to him. That power band is gonna kill him!! My friends just said, after he gets used to it, that power band will be his best friend. Turned out, he not only handled it but pretty much mastered it. And if no one has tried riding one of these things, its hard to explain what it does. You give it a little gas and it spits and sputters, then in a fraction of a second, it finds the power band and it is like hitting Turbo. Like hitting a switch. Not a smooth transaction at all.

Intimidating at first, but will be one of my best friends in no time. :D