Next up, Lil Wrecker

CECAA850

Thanks. It doesnt look as obtrusive with the lights down and the front door (to the house) shut. The fireplace hides most of it and I only see the front face of the sub while sitting in Captains chair. My plans to have help imploded on me today and didnt have any help unloading it. Just Carl and I. So a neighbor came over and helped get it in the house. Of course, he asked; Do you really need this? And of course I told him no, I dont NEED it, but.............

I invited him to come over one of these weekends when the wifes away and put this thing to the test. Cant wait.

• Like 2

Thanks Beeker. Fits perfect. I am so happy with it and have absolutely no buyers remorse whatsoever. Wish I wouldve done it earlier. It is very likely my quest for bass is over. Now if I could only afford Scrappys setup!!!!! Aint happening any time soon.

• Like 1

Man is scrappys setup nice! I have to say maybe 8 months ago I was so palladium crazy and they do sound outstanding but....The rf7ii is absolutely 1 heck of a speaker. The mix of the lil wrecker and rf7ii has to be a match made in heaven and a perfect spot to park audio nirvana on for a lifetime!

Last night I was reading about the othorn&gellerhorn(or whatever they are) and I kept looking back at the lil wrecker. The lil wrecker is top force imo. Especially with that 47lb driver(basically the cherry on top). That lil wrecker may become my screensaver :) some people put an escalade on their mirror etc... I put the lil wrecker so one day I can have one :D

• Like 3

I have never heard the Palladiums, would love too. But then again, I'd be wanting them and trying to figure out a way to get em. But they are sooooo outside my budget it aint even funny. Literally. Then I remind myself what you mention above, the RF 7ii finally coupled with a nice sub is certainly no slouch. I be a happy camper now!

• Like 1

Some people would likely prefer an rf7ii. I wont ever have palladium as well, price as well :o . if i would scratch one i would have a heart attack for real. im tickled with what i have. THANKS TO YOU!!!! :D

the 5008 had an update last night and man just everything is so sweet! streams so good to. just immaculate!

Id have that smile that hurts with a lil wrecker :lol:

• Like 1

Heck yeah still smilin. Will be smiling tomorrow too! I just got my first... "Honey, can ya turn it down a little". HAHA. OK, just a little. Just wait till she leaves the house, I'll show those what-nots a thing or 2.  :ph34r:  :D

I'm glad the Marantz is working out for you. I really did like the sound it put out. So did you get the hiss taken care of? 

• Like 1

I just unhooked the surround speaker for music. And then i'll find a banana plug speaker selector to switch the middle surrounds sometime to lose the slight hiss...there is one setting i may be overlooking. This far no need for tube amp on mains...i ran it and compared and i like the Marantz as good, its impressive....class d receiver amplification is getting better for sure imo

• Like 1

I can't wait for the first movie you watch with some real infrasonics.  I had thought about cranking some low low sine waves to show you what my son and I experienced with it but thought I'd keep peace in the family at least for a short while.  I didn't want to get thrown out by your wife on my first visit there.  You still have a bunch of amp and driver that you're not using but for now, I thought I'd just level balance with a slight bump on the subs output compared to the mains.

• Like 1

Random question but with a horn loaded sub, do you need to take into account the horn length when setting the delay on the sub in relation to your speakers?

Absolutely on front loaded horns.  I'm not sure on tapped.  Your receiver will set the proper distance normally.

• Like 1

I think audyssey calculates an additional 15 ft or so beyond its physical distance from the LP for my sub. I've never had a sense that time delay was off.

in order to get balanced trim levels, i barely have the gain knob moved from 0 on my sub amp. i adjust from there via the AVR's subwoofer trim, but usually keep it around +3 or +5 dB for the subwoofer.

i'd love to hear it paired with Khorns or Scalas so that all of my bass is horn loaded, but I have neither the budge or the space.

Wouldnt ya know it, had to go out of town for a couple of days after we set it up. I havent had a chance to put her to the test BUT, the wife will be gone all day tomorrow and I will absolutely open it up for the 1st time. Maybe throw the movie saving Private Ryan? That should make some noise. 

If I change the receiver out, what would I need to do to dial it in? Maybe I'll shoot ya PM to discuss if too long to go into it on this thread. 

We shouldve cranked it up while she was here. Then I couldve followed you back and setup my cot in your garage. She has been a great sport and hasnt said anything about it.  :D YET.

:o Otto don't look like he's missed a meal Ever. Looks like a belt around his neck for a collar :D I wanted to borrow carls Juicy Music modded Crown D-45 and was told Otto aint having it :( im just happy I got to think about it :lol: