Next up, Lil Wrecker

CECAA850

The driver is a 15" Alpine that will be powered by a bridged Crown that should give it a clean 1200 watts.

Jeeez dude !! unless that driver has a sensitivity of 70 or so, that thing needs to be at a concert venue, not home theater. That thing is going to rattle the pictures off the wall. Having said that, I would love to have one. >:P~

Bryant

Carl I looked at how fast the build was going at it only took a few minutes to read all the comment and look at the pic's.  This reminds me of Home Time, the DIY home guys.  They can build 1/2 a house in a half hour.  I just thought you would enjoy a little humor with this build.  Nice work!

Tell me about it. I sort of hate to go off-topic here, but I can't help myself because my 1992 240SX convertible needs a new top. The upholstry shops want a small fortune to do it. I looked it up online and man it looks like an hour job........ the guy said expect 8 hours to do it..... that being reasonably skilled with tools etc. Looks so simple when folks post pictures and such though..........

Bryant 

Carl I looked at how fast the build was going at it only took a few minutes to read all the comment and look at the pic's.  This reminds me of Home Time, the DIY home guys.  They can build 1/2 a house in a half hour.  I just thought you would enjoy a little humor with this build.  Nice work!

Tell me about it. I sort of hate to go off-topic here, but I can't help myself because my 1992 240SX convertible needs a new top. The upholstry shops want a small fortune to do it. I looked it up online and man it looks like an hour job........ the guy said expect 8 hours to do it..... that being reasonably skilled with tools etc. Looks so simple when folks post pictures and such though..........

Bryant 

That's not for the faint of heart. The guys make it look easy. IT IS NOT!

• Like 1

Thanks, I wish I could build that fast.  If I posted my progress in real time, the thread would hit the second page of the subwoofer section every time I posted a picture :lol:

• Like 1

One thing I always do is put a link up in case anyone wants to build one of these and I forgot to.  The link below will take you to the original thread where the sub was designed.  It has plans, recommended drivers, cut sheets, etc.  Once again thanks to Lil Mike at the AVS Forum for another awesome design.

LINK

• Like 1

Carl,

You might as well start on the second one. You know he'll be wanting a pair.   B)

I've got to put up the saw for a while as I have some time consuming projects to undertake around the house.  I'll probably get the itch to build something in the fall or maybe winter.

Wow... awhat an amazing unit.

What would happen to the wave form in the throat if those internal bracings were somehow lightened?

So we wnet straight from 6" to 15"... what about a mid sized 12"er?

Edited by Schu

What would happen to the wave form in the throat if those internal bracings were somehow lightened?

The braces make very little, if no, difference to the wave form so I doubt it would make any difference.

Thad sounds like he knows what he's talking about (all of a sudden :ph34r:).

• Like 2

The bracing really doesn't take up that much space in the general scheme of things.  The trade off with no bracing is panel vibration which would greatly reduce output and be an audio annoyance.

I see... makes perfect sense. I was thinking more of what about if the bracing had circles or triangles of material taken out so that the bracing was more of a spine than a solid piece.

I was just curious... I am sure this is an amazing piece that would look great in any home

I see... makes perfect sense. I was thinking more of what about if the bracing had circles or triangles of material taken out so that the bracing was more of a spine than a solid piece.

Window pane bracing is very popular.  I normally don't do it as typically everything I build is set it and forget it.  They're normally not moved often or ever.  Window pane bracing is more work but it does lighten the build.  I might have saved 10 lbs but if you're moving something, you really wouldn't notice the difference between say 250 lbs vs 260 lbs.  If this was for gigging I'd try and do everything possible to lighten it up.