Next up, Lil Wrecker

CECAA850

Man is scrappys setup nice! I have to say maybe 8 months ago I was so palladium crazy and they do sound outstanding but....The rf7ii is absolutely 1 heck of a speaker. The mix of the lil wrecker and rf7ii has to be a match made in heaven and a perfect spot to park audio nirvana on for a lifetime!

Last night I was reading about the othorn&gellerhorn(or whatever they are) and I kept looking back at the lil wrecker. The lil wrecker is top force imo. Especially with that 47lb driver(basically the cherry on top). That lil wrecker may become my screensaver :) some people put an escalade on their mirror etc... I put the lil wrecker so one day I can have one :D

Dude, every time I read posts you make about insane subwoofers I imagine your picture saying it and I chuckle to myself. :lol:

• Like 1

Man is scrappys setup nice! I have to say maybe 8 months ago I was so palladium crazy and they do sound outstanding but....The rf7ii is absolutely 1 heck of a speaker. The mix of the lil wrecker and rf7ii has to be a match made in heaven and a perfect spot to park audio nirvana on for a lifetime!

Last night I was reading about the othorn&gellerhorn(or whatever they are) and I kept looking back at the lil wrecker. The lil wrecker is top force imo. Especially with that 47lb driver(basically the cherry on top). That lil wrecker may become my screensaver :) some people put an escalade on their mirror etc... I put the lil wrecker so one day I can have one :D

Dude, every time I read posts you make about insane subwoofers I imagine your picture saying it and I chuckle to myself. :lol:

:lol: years ago on rc racing forums the 1st time I used this avatar I cracked up laughing(I try not to look anymore cause its really crazy lol). Ended up Carl(CEC) the builder of this lil wrecker got me to switch to it. beeker is my last name. And im actually similar to the real beaker only fat lol and yeah man iv had way to much bass :lol:  :lol:  :D

His bark is worse than his bite :rolleyes:

Gary(gnotes) male pit bull is HUGE(he has a sweet female pit to) and was the most intimidating dog iv ever seen. I was seriously nervous playing with him and iv played with many big dogs including at least 25 pits. When my back was better I would be on the floor rolling around playing with every dog I met and still may. I love animals. Unfortunately this day in age big dogs are the best insurance against thieves by far.

• Like 1

Random question but with a horn loaded sub, do you need to take into account the horn length when setting the delay on the sub in relation to your speakers?

Delay is not needed in the subwoofer bandpass unless you have 20 feet or more horn length.

This goes for tapped horns as well.

If delay was an issue with horns in the subwoofer bandpass the whole concept and design of the tapped horn would be worthless.

Edited by jason str
  • Like 2

With Claudes dts10's the air just kept coming and coming and when the seen was over the air stopped, I kept waiting for air to continue when a particular seen was over. The impact mixed with dynamics on his quarter pies and 402's and 510's was so spiritual when mixed with the dts10's. The dts10's reminded me of car subwoofer days but was so much more pure and plentiful. Just astonishing. Absolutely remarkable. The lil wrecker would be nothing short I imagine :)

• Like 1

Well, I finally had some time alone to test this thing out. I dont even know what to say, it delivered just as expected. I threw the movie Black Knight Rises into the Oppo 103 and needless to say, things started shaking!  :D Wow, what a difference. There is no way I will ever run out of headroom with this thing. Very intense. Cant wait to throw some more LFE movies at it. Any recommendations on some good LFE movies?

• Like 1

Master and commander(the 1st fight seen and second is okay) and tron which is a big go to demo(when the big machine forms gets insane), The new Godzilla gets really good, then the new transformers is quite impressive You might want to be careful though :D Today them are 4 go to blurays that always get it done

Cool. I'z be checkin em out. I could feel the chair shake but there wasnt that much coming out (as far as db). Until a second or 2 later then all hell broke loose. Takes a while to get used to that. This is gonna be fun!

• Like 1

It should sound the same. I have heard some say some bluray features are better. If its on Netflix I don't buy it. Metalica through the never on Netflix is insane too. I got hollered at for that one. And read on this forum its even better on bluray? Don't know but its good enough for me on netflix

LOL That metalica gets crazy lol I knew it was coming. it was like 1 in the morning lol its the best metalica iv ever heard. tempted to get the bluray but if it did sound better id just get hollered at again lol I only played 3/4 of that metalica on Netflix and never again...yet

Check out Olympus Has Fallen, Ender's Game, 9, World War Z, Elysium and the new Star Trek movies.

Besides the LFE track, Enders Game is a GREAT movie as well.

I only watch on Blu-Ray and have no opinion on the others.  I'd hate to take a chance on Netflix as there MAY be some compression going on, don't know.

There's a surprising amount of LFE in most Pixar movies as well.

Edited by CECAA850