Yamaha ROCKS

colterphoto1

Bought a DVD S2500 from demo (trade show sale) when I worked at Klipsch 2006-2008. A few years later it takes a dump.

Replace it with DVD S1800 in Yamaha's exchange program for $100. It lasted until last week. Hit the exchange program again.

For another hundred dollars, they're shipping a BD-S677 Blu-Ray player with all the whizbang features like internet access, ability to connect to modern Yamaha receivers for iPad and iPhone app control etc. My nearly new AppleTV will be superfluous, so it'll graduate to another system in the house. 

Yamaha rocks, this exchange program beats waiting for any repair-that-costs-too-much-and-can't-be-trusted. 

Cant' wait for the new baby to arrive. 

• Like 5

That's awesome! Your new BD player supports SACD and DVDA also. Pretty cool...

I just looked up the exchange program, and found the document here: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Documents/YEC/customerloyaltyprogramv8.pdf

I bought a P7000S amp a while back and it died in a short period of time. They sent me a new one with no questions asked. Great customer service!

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

They were kind enough once they'd received my returned unit to call and check which would be the favored replacement. Then it was a simple matter of email exchange for the payment (shipping from CA included btw), and it's on the way to me. Net cost about $120 including my shipping old unit in.  Total turnaround time about 3 weeks. 

Bought a DVD S2500 from demo (trade show sale) when I worked at Klipsch 2006-2008. A few years later it takes a dump.

Replace it with DVD S1800 in Yamaha's exchange program for $100. It lasted until last week. Hit the exchange program again.

For another hundred dollars, they're shipping a BD-S677 Blu-Ray player with all the whizbang features like internet access, ability to connect to modern Yamaha receivers for iPad and iPhone app control etc. My nearly new AppleTV will be superfluous, so it'll graduate to another system in the house. 

Yamaha rocks, this exchange program beats waiting for any repair-that-costs-too-much-and-can't-be-trusted. 

429$   on ebay -http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-YAMAHA-2D-3D-WiFi-Multi-Zone-All-Region-Code-Free-DVD-Blu-Ray-Disc-Player-/331475919652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2d812324

That's awesome! Your new BD player supports SACD and DVDA also. Pretty cool...

I just looked up the exchange program, and found the document here: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/Documents/YEC/customerloyaltyprogramv8.pdf

I bought a P7000S amp a while back and it died in a short period of time. They sent me a new one with no questions asked. Great customer service!

the replacement is a factory refurbished equivalent model - now that can  mean a repaired factory unit -  or can also be a  brand new product -one can easy tell once the product arrives -

I wonder what they would do for me with my vintage M-80 (with issues)???

Perhaps the A-S3000 +shipping :D as3000_zps53c2cde8.jpg

I understand how you are with matching your equipment but the 1700 and 1800(yes they are dvd players but very good cd players)sound just as good on cd as anything. I have both and have used oppo and used a Yamaha 2000 and there are some differences most is the sabre dac. the 1700 and 1800 both use the 4 burr brown dac and sound incredibly good for about $100. My primary playback is cd and the 17&1800 are very good sleepers for sound quality. I do use several other cd players for other functions but my go to sound quality player is the 17&1800

• Like 4

Oh yeah.  Time to put some Blu Ray audio and DVDA's through the Jubs. 

• Like 2

still using DSP-A1, since my Home theater area is in transition now, this is performing great until I purchase future receiver.  Mine still looks & performs just like it did when I got it. 

x57bn.jpg

As much time and money that went into making it, and they didn't make the remote match the unit itself. :(

• Like 1

I wonder what they would do for me with my vintage M-80 (with issues)???

Perhaps the A-S3000 +shipping :D as3000_zps53c2cde8.jpg

I understand how you are with matching your equipment but the 1700 and 1800(yes they are dvd players but very good cd players)sound just as good on cd as anything. I have both and have used oppo and used a Yamaha 2000 and there are some differences most is the sabre dac. the 1700 and 1800 both use the 4 burr brown dac and sound incredibly good for about $100. My primary playback is cd and the 17&1800 are very good sleepers for sound quality. I do use several other cd players for other functions but my go to sound quality player is the 17&1800

I will try not to go too much off on a tangent, but I replaced a flagship Denon AV receiver with a mid-priced refurbished Yamaha as a stop gap until I bought "the" receiver I liked. It turned out, the refurbished Yamaha with a volume knob that half works IS THE receiver I liked. I still own it four years later. One of the reasons I like it is because of how detailed it renders CDs. I honestly give most credit to amplification, mind you...... but It uses a Burr-Brown middle of the road DAC. In all honesty, I doubt you would here much of a difference in "quality" decoders. Having said that, if you don't have a solid chain from start to finish, your system will sound as bad as the weakest link in the chain. You would probably have to have some incredible gear for that Burr-Brown decoder to be the weak link. I can hear no difference in having my receiver decode and my Oppo.

Bryant

• Like 1