The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wardsweb

The new phonostage done my way.

I am starting a new build. This time around a phono stage to go with my line stage I just completed. Here is the chassis. There will be three tubes across.

chassis.jpg

• Like 6

I am still working on a layout. This is what I have come up with so far. I was going to use a three socket turret board but the one I ordered from AES came in way to big. I called them and all their inventory is wrong and will need to be returned to the manufacturer. Rather than wait for them to get new stock, I went with a couple single row boards. Time to start cutting metal.

mockup.jpg

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 4

One word, NICE

Excellent quality selection on the parts, good to see other forum members doing board level work :emotion-21:

Excellent quality selection on the parts, good to see other forum members doing board level work :emotion-21:

Still more parts coming from Mouser and Sonic Craft. The chassis is from China. The transformer is Hammond.

where in TX are you again?

I am in San Antonio. Are you in Texas?

NE of Dallas. I want to come over and fondle your gear with my ears. Some day maybe..

• Like 1

NE of Dallas. I want to come over and fondle your gear with my ears. Some day maybe..

You are welcome anytime. I was just in Denton for an audio get together and will be in Round Rock next month. Audio is what drives me.

Very, very nice....do you sell your creations?

Sometimes but I typically don't build things to sell them. It is more of having built to many things and needing to make room for new ones.

I'm sorry but you are not allowed to test this yourself. Please send me the item with NOS tubes and I will provide you with a perfressional review.

Looks out friggin' standing

• Like 1

Nice fo sho.... This gonna be tube rectified?