Audiophile estate liquidation motherlode

sheltie dave

I can't cut and paste, so here is most of it... Atma-Sphere, Canary Audio, Sun Audio, Don Allen, Fisher, Ming Da tube gear, amps, preamps, turntables, phono stages, speakers, would like to demo before sale, UPS (via a good audiophile friend who manages store) will ship

Dave

314-651-9396

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=132626.0

Edited by sheltie dave

Joe, this is from the estate of a long time audiophile from southeast Missouri, who recently passed. He had some killer setups, but like all these situations where there are no kids, everything must go. The AtmaSphere, the Canary, the Sun Audio, and the Don Allen gear are all right down the power alley for our Klipsch setups.

None of it is mine, although I wish I could say some of it was to stay here. I'm just helping out the executor, and her brother is very anxious to see a final settlement; hence the very, very good pricing. You will never see these prices on something that was not a forced sale.

These are my Opera Consonance 211 SET amps, Scrappy. With the right 211 output tubes(and my current set is slightly in the "right" category) these amps can be glorious. With the cheap Chinese tubes originally provided in the as builts, these amps are lousy sounding.

I needed something to provide a buffer zone so the estate amps aren't in any danger of being disturbed, and the Operas are very effective at blocking while looking nice. Once I get through this diaspora of the estate, some of you Kansas City guys should come over for a listen. They sound great on the RF7s, and absolutely delightful on Altec Model 19s.

As far as the tube amps from the estate, the Sun Audio was Sam Tellig's reference amp in his home for 15 years, the Canary Audio is superior, and the AtmaSphere is also standout. The entire Don Allen series is great value for the money at the market rate, getting them at 25% off is a steal.

Marty picked off the Technics SP25, Carl sniped the McCormack DNA1.0 Deluxe, Steve McCormack grabbed the DNA 0.5, Jim picked up the AR ETL-1 turntable, Doug spoke for the Altec 755Es, and Chad picked up the Don Allen cakepan. Stuff is moving briskly!

Edited by sheltie dave

Dave, There are a couple of items I would like to buy, but cannot PM or post on the AudioCircle site as I have never posted there before and it appears one must establish some credentials before posting. Is there a way you could put me in touch with the seller? Thanks, Terry