Audiophile estate liquidation motherlode

sheltie dave

Hey Iain, that Fisher 500 is calling your name for $150. ;)

LOL that is a bargain but I am kinda done with vintage for a while. Starting to build my own stuff. I have 4 amps to refurb then I am done with old stuff for a while. The advantage of building your own gear is that you know where everything is because you put it there lol....

I do need to make it up St.Louis. The last time we were in town we didn't hit the Hill. Need some good Italian food.

Ben did, and his mom taught him to bring enough solder for everyone. It will need the power filter caps replaced, as one side has a low hum. I would also reflow all the connections while you are under the hood.

The big strength with this unit is it has the hugely desired Tamron iron, which is quite good, the best Japanese iron out there.

Edited by sheltie dave

Jim, there are three inputs - two line (tape and tuner) and one RIAA phono. It is a push pull EL84 project, with working iron and no tubes. If you want to learn about tubes and how to (re)build a tube amp, this is a great starter platform to learn on, at minimal costs.

Sorry, Earl, i left out one word that muddled the sentence.

Edited by sheltie dave

• 2 weeks later...