Speakerlab K-horn project.

supertank

DIZ, you are absolutely right. All I need to do is remove 2 inches from the back of the top plate and these big boys with fit like a glove. 

Bubo- we built two dino's. Very hard car to find parts for. One of our customers has one he is certain he will never restore. He knows I get first rights to it. Those are great cars.

Talked to ALK today about doing some crossovers. 

Bubo- the Montreal was a 25k car for mint ones up until a few years ago. Then the prices went nuts!!! 75k plus. The TZ million plus!! Laverda- I have no idea. I am however resto-moding a 71 motto-guzzi . Making it a cafe racer. Shortening the frame, cutting the tank and things like that. making it something like this one

post-60872-0-90260000-1424740099_thumb.j

Edited by supertank

DIZ, you are absolutely right. All I need to do is remove 2 inches from the back of the top plate and these big boys with fit like a glove. 

Bubo- we built two dino's. Very hard car to find parts for. One of our customers has one he is certain he will never restore. He knows I get first rights to it. Those are great cars.

Talked to ALK today about doing some crossovers. 

I worked with a guy on the Navy Base that had a Dino, it was one of the coolest looking cars I have ever seen. Pictures don't do it justice. He never had ask a girl twice if they wanted to go for a drive up the coast or down to Sorrento for lunch on the weekend.

I don't know how the Montreal's drive, but a high cool factor. Pina Farina body??

Oh would believe that. Ducati is known for real good documentation process. 

So I have a set of Altec 811'b that I want to use on my EV drivers. I will machine a adaptor plate for bolting transition, however the 811'b is shorter then the EV fiberglas horn. Is there any REAL noticeable draw backs?

Oh would believe that. Ducati is known for real good documentation process. 

So I have a set of Altec 811'b that I want to use on my EV drivers. I will machine a adaptor plate for bolting transition, however the 811'b is shorter then the EV fiberglas horn. Is there any REAL noticeable draw backs?

The 811 horns are 800 Hz, while the original fiberglass horn is either 400 or 500 Hz. If you have a set of 511 horns, you could use them without changing the crossovers.

ooooooh..... thats gutsy thinking. The bin is 39 inches without the horn section. As for the cars. I own a european car restoration shop. So most are 50's-60's Alfa's, Lancia's, Zagato's  and things like that.

Sorry I did not catch the car question its hard to read sometimes. I left my glasses at the shop.

Hold the <Ctrl> and single press the <+> . 

It will enlarge the size of any screen in most of the browsers. 

Use <Ctrl> <-> to shrink.  This also works with <Ctrl> and <mouse scroll wheel>

What is the mid driver you have? If it is a screw on 1 inch, you can buy an adapter to use on a bolt on horn. Look at the Denovo throat adapter at Parts Express.

A friend of mine had some sk horns, they rocked!

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

Hi Marvel. They are the original drivers (four bolt instead of the Altec two hole). The horn is 18 inches long and unsupported. So having a two pound driver on the end it a bit of a pry bar. But, sticking with a previous recommendation, I will repurpose all the components (other then tweets, they are dead and the crossovers) and I will machine an aluminum support to place under the driver.