WTB Chorus II

colterphoto1

Here I've been struggling with whether to keep my 72 Khorns or Jubilees, when what I really need is the openness of a Tractrix horn with the deep end of a nice Heritage-y passive system. Would sell both pairs of these speakers if I could get my hands on a nice clean local pair of Chorus II.  

JimJimbo, this is you buddy. I think I messed up. 

k61 is the chorus ii/forte etc mid

After critically listening to any certain speaker it seems like small&large characteristics with noises get so magnified in our ears especially with high efficiency. With live recordings I found myself pulling drivers and its in a recording etc

I'll step back. You and others are far better at descriptions. That said, after hearing nothing other than klipsch for about a year the k69&402 are so exquisite. As is the 400/77. They are in a league of their own obviously. That said, the chorus 2 is in my opinion the next best choice especially for indoors.

• Like 2

oh the motor, I usually am more concerned with the sound of the horn, the K604 in this case. PWK really had it right in the 90's when he developed the Tractrix horn. I'm not so sure why I've spent so much time in Exponential-land. 

maybe getting K510's on my Khorns would be a good answer... I'll have some of them with B&C drivers in a bit when I get those 3x KPT904M systems over here. Time to play mix and match again I suppose [sigh] 

• Like 1

k61 is the chorus ii/forte etc mid

After critically listening to any certain speaker it seems like small&large characteristics with noises get so magnified in our ears especially with high efficiency. With live recordings I found myself pulling drivers and its in a recording etc

I'll step back. You and others are far better at descriptions. That said, after hearing nothing other than klipsch for about a year the k69&402 are so exquisite. As is the 400/77. They are in a league of their own obviously. That said, the chorus 2 is in my opinion the next best choice especially for indoors.

did you ever try the K-402/k-1133

oh the motor, I usually am more concerned with the sound of the horn, the K604 in this case. PWK really had it right in the 90's when he developed the Tractrix horn. I'm not so sure why I've spent so much time in Exponential-land. 

maybe getting K510's on my Khorns would be a good answer... I'll have some of them with B&C drivers in a bit when I get those 3x KPT904M systems over here. Time to play mix and match again I suppose [sigh] 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/125392-k69-on-402-or-510-and-why/

Edited by Randyh