WTB Chorus II

colterphoto1

Hey guys i have used U-Ship before to get a set of KLF-30 from Napels FL. To Jacksonville Fl.I was a great and easy transaction and would use it again.Its just an option,I mostly read on here but dont post to much.Like you all i am also looking for some Chorus ll.What is a fair price to pay for them this day and age.i know alot factors into the price but just a basic pair in average shape? I went through a few klipsch speaker sets Lascala,Cwll,I have some Hersey ll and klf 30 along with my first set S-2s,set of HSM Herseys that are mixed matched with woofers and tweeters.Crossovers and mids are klipsch.Any way i am by no means an audiophile but i do like music that sounds good.Not so much into the technical specs that alot of you guys speak about...lol.I just wanted to put my  2 cents in about u ship.

• Like 1

Hey guys i have used U-Ship before to get a set of KLF-30 from Napels FL. To Jacksonville Fl.I was a great and easy transaction and would use it again.Its just an option,I mostly read on here but dont post to much.Like you all i am also looking for some Chorus ll.What is a fair price to pay for them this day and age.i know alot factors into the price but just a basic pair in average shape? I went through a few klipsch speaker sets Lascala,Cwll,I have some Hersey ll and klf 30 along with my first set S-2s,set of HSM Herseys that are mixed matched with woofers and tweeters.Crossovers and mids are klipsch.Any way i am by no means an audiophile but i do like music that sounds good.Not so much into the technical specs that alot of you guys speak about...lol.I just wanted to put my  2 cents in about u ship.

i have used uship for car parts in the past, its a nice option but makes it hard to line up a shipper for when/where you need it.  basically uship is a reverse auction type system... you post the ad for what you want shipped then you have to wait for "shippers" in the area to offer their bid on the price.  if you can wait for all that to happen & if you even get a shipper to meet your terms then thats great.  however, when buying things that are sought after items & usually listed on craigslist you just dont have the time for all that to fall into place before another buyer, usually more local, will snag them up.  unless you can pay the seller upfront & trust them enough to do that with no protection at all like ebay can offer, uship usually wont work out. & keep in mind, most shippers are just private people with a truck or van etc.   

as for fair price for chorus2 speakers, i have seen them sell all the time for $550-$700.  IMO anything higher they better be 100% mint or literally like new in factory boxes... & even then, $800 or so would be tops.   unless you have a pair like what colter had (which he should have kept if he now wants a pair)  that are literally new in box, never removed or played, those would have a collector value & fairly priced at what they sold for new or even higher.  dont let this recent frenzy of people wanting chorus's fool you,  while they are desired they are not "rare" or hard to find.  just be patient.  i just missed 3 pairs in my area recently for 500-600.  & the $500 pair turned into a bidding war because the seller was bombarded with interests & offers higher than their asking price.  good luck on your search.

The price varies a lot geographically and seasonally (price dip around Christmas, price rebound around tax season).

mustangerfourlife, you are in a good market to buy, although FL is a big state and you might need to drive a ways.

I don't know many forum members that have Chorus II's that would sell them for less than $700.  Mine aren't mint, but I wouldn't sell mine for $700.

I would pay ~$900 for a pair of near mint walnut and feel good about the purchase.

If I see them <$600, I would buy even in rougher shape.  At <$500, I would drive many hours to pick them up (and have).

The good news is that once the snow melts, people will start spring cleaning and more will pop up.  If you find a good deal hop in the car!  

There are many people looking for them and if they know you are on the way, they are less likely to try to raise the price.

opus:  im talking the average used market price,  not forum members that might be a little more keen to their value.  you know as well as i do that2-3 pair recently popped up in the midwest for $500-600.  & i see that quite often over the last couple years.  just saying what ive seen lately.

I've had my CIIs now for about 3 weeks.

Last night I sat down for a session and started out with some new to me Aimee Mann, nice not bad at all then

I que'd up Reasons Why: The Very Best of Nickel Creek something I am very familiar with. I cranked up the volume and the Fisher was nice and warmed up.

Chills and Thrills, no one ever says anything like this but due to the soundstage, clarity and shear musicality along with a fantastic performance, that probably topped my listening experience. 

Can't wait to pop JD Souther's Blackrose album on tonight.

These speakers are really outstanding I must say.

• Like 1

4 people and counting... 5 with Colter...

Well, I really don't want to hear a pair of Chorus speakers.  I am not into long waits and may want to buy the speaker in the next couple of days, lol.

Well Derrick, you have a standing invitation to come to my place.  And no, you may not have them.

• Like 1