RS-35s as Rears in 7.1

fuzzydog

I've picked up a pair of RS-62IIs (before they're all gone) and now I'm trying to decide if I should keep my RS-35s for use as rear speakers or if I should sell them and buy some RBs.

Anyone tried to use RS-35s for rear speakers in a 7.1 setup? 

I purchased the surrounds as part of my plan to finish my bonus room as a multi-media room so I wont be able to test them out for a while yet.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Regards,

Fuzzy

I can't see why they wouldn't be usable but it's probably going to take some tweaking to get them to sound balanced in the mix with the other speakers. I think as far as 7.x channel sounds go you probably have far less priority in the rears so they don't need to match exactly, and they are pretty close. you should be fine once they are balanced.

RS-35's should sound awesound but the RS-62II's should be even better.  I currently use the RS-25's and would soon lovew to upgrade to the RS-35's

I have a pair up for sale in the Garage Sell Section. :)

The RS 35's can be used as rears.  They don't have the bass but, if all speakers are set to small and you have a good sub, go for it.  I have two pair and used them as rear in one room with good results.  The RS 35's are a great speaker and very versitle due to their size.