There is no music left in my home

Cornman

Joe....My prayers go out to you and your family. I lost my precious wife of over 34 years this past Oct. 1st, she was the love of my life and though our only wish was to grow old together, it was not meant to be. At the time of her passing I was looking for some Jubs and ended up meeting with Boxx and buying his pair. He was such a fine man and within a few months he to was called home by the Father above.

My heart aches for your loss, and I know how hard it is to share this with others. we may never meet but my thoughts are with you and know that your wife's spirit and energy will be a force that you can belive in, I know my sweet Michelle is with me every day.

Bless you and everyone touched by your wife.

Steve

• Like 2

My Brother's in Music, I can not thank you enough for your caring & support in these dark days, it truly warms my heart. My computer went down last night, or else I would have thanked you sooner.

My wife ( the love of my life) was only 56, I am 70, I watched in horror year after year seeing her living in terrible pain that only increased xpotentialy each month .I love our country, it is one of the best in the world & I served in the  Army offering up my life in it's defense; but I feel betrayed by our govertment controled  medical system in our country . I think it is wrong & totally unethical to restrict the amount of pain meds for a terminal patient, so  what if there are addicted -- There dying! Her doctor did his best & gave her the maximunm limit of pills allowed by the govt. per month  & told her he thougt Marijuana was good for her it helped her sleep & eat (without it she could not eat or sleep) But the Govt. requires a monthly drug screen (pee test) if pot is in your system the doc's are forbidden by law to prescribe you any pain meds! This is all wrong the physician are the medical experts not our govt! 

I know many of you hear have lost loved ones as well, & I can see from your comments you understand & know the pain of loss. Thank you all again for your compasionate support. It's good to have Brothers & sisters.

Photo of my wife Pat & her buddie Sampson, Taken in 2012 before the changes got so bad.

e5MKTx.jpg

Edited by Cornman
  • Like 2

First I want to say how sorry I am for your loss.

I have went outside and cried after a patient died.  The on call Doctor would not order enough pain med to control her pain.  It is a sorry state when someone is dieing and adequate pain medication is not ordered because they may become 'addicted' .

As far as I know there is no piss test in Oregon for pain medications.

I'm just Sorry for both you and your wife. 

Joe:

Thanks for pointing me to this thread -- I had not seen it.  Again, I wish you comfort in what you are going through and hope that you can endure as much as humanly possible during these times.  You offer some great advice!  It is very touching to read all the comments reaching out in your support.

I'm right there with you. I lost my mother three weeks ago tomorrow. Even now I'm not sure if I'm doing all right, in denial or on the verge of it crashing down on me at the oddest time and place.

hell no, you're not doing alright! Give yourself a few months at least, and after a couple of years maybe some of the fog will lift. Blessings and Peace, Tom.

Bruce

I'm right there with you. I lost my mother three weeks ago tomorrow. Even now I'm not sure if I'm doing all right, in denial or on the verge of it crashing down on me at the oddest time and place.

hell no, you're not doing alright! Give yourself a few months at least, and after a couple of years maybe some of the fog will lift. Blessings and Peace, Tom.

Bruce

But what you’re feeling is perfectly normal for what you’ve gone through.  Bruce is right -- Joe & Tom, give yourself some time. 

• Moderators

Very true Earl, I have been thinking about this since I first read it and still couldn't imagine, I hope I don't have to and be first, which is selfish I know.

Nice picture, glad she's not in pain anymore, that was a sad situation.

You guys are incredible, like family with your understanding & encouragement  :wub:  DWILAWYER  (Travis) phoned this morning & said he was coming to the service Sat. Like many of you I have never met him in person before, how cool is that,  Brothers in Music is all I can think of to call it.

Yall or the best, have a Beautiful Day...

Joe

• Like 2