Spotify--Fidelify...

SWL

http://fidelify.net/

If you're a Spotify Premium user at no extra cost you can check out 'Fidelify'. It offers WASAPI exclusive which bypasses the mixer in your computer giving you bit perfect playback.  

This is the sound quality I was expecting from Tidal but never got.

Learning as I go.....Fidelify is still in the BETA process but I've been using it since last night and it works pretty well.

• Like 2

http://fidelify.net/

If you're a Spotify Premium user at no extra cost you can check out 'Fidelify'. It offers WASAPI exclusive which bypasses the mixer in your computer giving you bit perfect playback.  

This is the sound quality I was expecting from Tidal but never got.

Learning as I go.....Fidelify is still in the BETA process but I've been using it since last night and it works pretty well.

If I am using an external USB DAC does it still run through the mixer?

It'll take a little getting used to because it doesn't have all the features that Spotify does but you still have the same Library of music.....and most of all the improved sound quality.

I like it......imported my playlist but searching is more complex. I'm sure it will get tweaked a lot until it's out of Beta

• Like 1

It'll take a little getting used to because it doesn't have all the features that Spotify does but you still have the same Library of music.....and most of all the improved sound quality.

I like it......imported my playlist but searching is more complex. I'm sure it will get tweaked a lot until it's out of Beta

Exactly. I've been using it to listen to my better sounding recordings......lesser sounding recordings just sound worse on Fidelify.

One thing I've noticed so far is that songs were missing from one of my playlists on Fidelify.....like two hours worth. Reinstalling Fidelify took care of it and all the songs are back.

The reinstall takes hardly any time to do.....I had to do it for another reason that I can't recall at the moment but it fixed it as well. All BETA related I'm sure.

A few inconveniences for better sound quality....no biggie. Hopefully they'll add this bit-perfect option to Spotify soon.

Edited by SWL

I actually think Spotify sounds pretty good as is on some stuff, Jazz & blues in particular.

I agree. It sounds better on Fidelify, though....due to the bit-perfect option. 16 bit 44.1khz

Edited by SWL
  • Like 1

Just make sure you have it in WASAPI mode (settings menu) and it will bypass the mixer.

Please say more.  What is "it"?  The "setting menu" where....on the dac?  Know idea where to find WASAPI whatever that is.  Help please.  I do have Spotify premium.

Just make sure you have it in WASAPI mode (settings menu) and it will bypass the mixer.

Please say more.  What is "it"?  The "setting menu" where....on the dac?  Know idea where to find WASAPI whatever that is.  Help please.  I do have Spotify premium.

If you download Fidelify and go to the settings menu, there is an option called WASAPI and you then have to pick your DAC device from the dropdown directly below. It is all done in the Fidelify interface.

• Like 2