Spotify--Fidelify...

SWL

Thank you Tasdom.  Does that screen come up on Spotify?  I have downloaded 3 times and nothing like that appears.  Keep in mind I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I can't find it.

That's the screen from Fidelify. Click on settings at bottom left of page then menu will pop up. You need to be playing music for Fidelify to find your device choices.

post-51278-0-55980000-1424970881_thumb.j

I will have to check this out, but I was just able to get spotify on Linux. I wonder if I will be able to get this new program on there.

All you can do is try it. After hearing that some aren't able to get it I did some searching and it does seem that mac users may be left out in the cold. This sucks. Seems that this has been in beta since approx. 2012 and doesn't seem to be any hurry to get it to it's final stages. If it stayed the way it is now, I'd still continue to use it. It's a free add on to Spotify and I only use it to listen to my 'Reference' recordings.

Also, in searching they're seemed to be some confusion as far as 'bit-perfect' playback being perceived as 'hi-rez' or something. It's not hi-rez. It's still 320 kbps with a sample rate of 16 bit 44.1 kHz but the difference is that when you put it in WASAPI mode it doesn't go through the mixer of the computer. This alone allows for a cleaner stream and it is clearly an audible improvement in sound quality. There's probably more to it but this is what I've learned so far as I'm far from being a computer wizard.

I've noticed a couple of times that it jumped out of WASAPI mode back into direct mode so you have to keep an eye on it. Yes, Fidelify is a little flaky at this stage but not a huge deal. Nothing a quick reinstall couldn't fix for me so far.

I'm hoping that they implement this into the main site. I use a windows machine with 8.1 and of all the streaming services I've tried out, Spotify has been rock solid and entirely dependable. Kinda scary but I never have any of the glitches that some report.... but I do with the other services.

• Like 1

I think you are on the Spotify page. Did you download Fidelify? You have to access the settings from the Fidelify page. Spotify needs to be closed out in order for Fidelify to run. (Download the most recent version from the link the OP posted)

http://fidelify.net/Fidelify_Setup_0_9_6.exe

Edited by Tasdom

I'm thinking you are just downloading and not running set up afterwards. If so, once you down load from link I posted, click on the download arrow at the upper right of your home screen. Click on the download (fidelify setup) and follow the set up wizard from there

• Like 1