Lounge Post

Tarheel

Thanks for sharing this chuck  :emotion-21:

I would also be interested In why the sudden change....................Some of us have grown quite close through the lounge and it would seem if the other areas are of enough interest they will surface on there own merit

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 1

I hope I can disagree without being disagreeable.  ;)

I do see the sense in putting Klipsch audio stuff at the head of the table.  And now that I know the lounge isn't being put in the "recents" header, I know where to find it, no problem. 

Frankly, this is one of the few places where I do look at the "recents" page, so the minor change won't bother me in the least.

Edited by wvu80

:(   Seems The Lounge topics are/is some of the adhesive that holds this group together.

I realize that this is a forum Hosted by Klipsch.  I think I'll just go back to bed.  That's my vote.  I hope that most on the forum disagree with me.

• Like 2

:(   Seems The Lounge topics are/is some of the adhesive that holds this group together.

I realize that this is a forum Hosted by Klipsch.  I think I'll just go back to bed.  That's my vote.  I hope that most on the forum disagree with me.

i think you’re right … if it weren’t for the Lounge topics, i’d have left this place after i got my first question answered. Just because it’s an audio forum, doesn’t mean i want to talk audio all the time. I’ve talked sports with the food servers at the local eatery; told jokes with my doctor during an exam -- I realize that Chad isn't removing the lounge section -- i just don’t think it was a problem to begin with. If people are congregating in the Lounge -- there’s a reason for it, and the people that make up this community should matter more than what we talk about -- and we’re still the cheapest advertising around.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

See posts 1 and 7

I read posts 1 and 7, twice.  In fact, I read all the posts, carefully.  In your Post #3 you ask for Chad's thinking on why the change.  Chad stated the reason for the change clearly and succinctly in Post #2, I understood it and it makes common sense to me.

That sub-forum hasn't changed, it just doesn't make the front page.  Forumites, including me, who want some other-than-speaker talk can post there, exactly as before. 

Can you explain why this is upsetting to some?    No personal connections are being lost, nobody is taking down the sub-section or saying this is not important to posters here, its really just a minor change.  I feel like I'm not understanding why some people are upset.

• Like 1

"That sub-forum hasn't changed, it just doesn't make the front page".   So now our quick reference for updates and additions takes additional key strokes and important subjects like Cornman's sad news may go unseen for those who don't jump through the additional hoops. 

We know the lounge is still here that was never the question and no doubt some other post will fill the void.  From what I can tell looking at "Recent Post" last night the void will be filled with Garage sell items....not more audio news.  God when has there been more audio news?  Lounge is the fabric of this forum and was working fine!  Leave it alone!

My take.....for those of us who peruse the forum daily it was helpful to see the most recent post at a quick glance.  That was a good feature.

• Like 3

• Administrators

In the 12 listed below, I think 3 are from Garage Sale/alerts. Normally there would also be 3-5 Lounge posts listed there. I'm considering excluding garage sale posts from that list as well. We'll see.

post-1-0-74620000-1424782888_thumb.png

I understand your concern and respect your opinion. I also agree it's sad that the timing was a little poor on my part (re: Cornman's tragic loss). However, as mentioned before, the Lounge is still right where it was, this is an experiment that may or may not stick, and it's just a small change. Honestly, every time I make a change to the forum in some way, I get backlash from some folks. You can't please everyone. That's to be expected.

as for this

and no heads up about your experiment?

... do I really need to run every change we do by a committee first? 

Oh and one more thing - there is still the "Recent Topics" sidebar on the homepage that lists the latest topics created from all subforums. I may extend the number it shows.

• Like 1