Lounge Post

Tarheel

• Administrators

And with that - I am leaving the forums for a while. Yeah I'll still check in from time to time to be sure it hasn't completely burned to the ground and I'll respond to PMs, but managing the forums is about 10% of my job and I have a huge workload, being the only web dev at KGI. So, have fun everyone!

And please stop emailing my boss. (haven't discussed it yet with her but I know she's been emailed about it)

oh FFS.

Yeah. That really happened. 

Please post her email address, home and cell phone number and street address. As always, pictures are welcome.

Thank you

• Like 2

And please stop emailing my boss. (haven't discussed it yet with her but I know she's been emailed about it)

oh FFS.

Yeah. That really happened. 

I didn’t like the change; but, tattling to your boss is a bush league move.  But then again, I’m from Oakland…you don’t rat people out there--we have high standards.  

Edited by BigStewMan

Bush League like after seeing the complaints about the changes taking it personally and acting as though you were bullied, and then leaving in a Huff because your EGO was bruised that the hordes failed to agree with your totalitarian view of how things should be ??????

No I did not email the Boss, But I thought the whole thing was handled in a less than professional manner

• Like 1

I’m not defending Chad’s decision to initiate the change (which i didn’t like at all) nor his attitude (which i didn’t care for either) … I just think ratting someone out is worse.  This forum is entertainment for us -- it’s Chad’s job; and i’m against messing with a man’s career over something silly like this.

Where I will defend Chad is that he asked for time -- whoever emailed his boss wasn’t even willing to give the man that.  (apparently … as it sounds like it wasn’t a complimentary email, so i’m guessing it was a complaint).

I generally come down on the side of the members and did so earlier in this thread, and i find the camaraderie more important, more enjoyable than the tech talk. But, we have to keep in mind that, like it or not, this forum doesn’t belong to the members. We’re like visitors, free to come and go as we please.  I will admit, I’ve been moving closer to the door for a couple of months and no matter what finally makes me decide to say goodbye to this place--I’ll just go quietly. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

• Moderators

See posts 1 and 7

I read posts 1 and 7, twice.  In fact, I read all the posts, carefully.  In your Post #3 you ask for Chad's thinking on why the change.  Chad stated the reason for the change clearly and succinctly in Post #2, I understood it and it makes common sense to me.

That sub-forum hasn't changed, it just doesn't make the front page.  Forumites, including me, who want some other-than-speaker talk can post there, exactly as before. 

Can you explain why this is upsetting to some?    No personal connections are being lost, nobody is taking down the sub-section or saying this is not important to posters here, its really just a minor change.  I feel like I'm not understanding why some people are upset.

Since I don't have much opportunity to log on during the day and post, I probably use the “view new content” link up in the right corner more often to catch up or look at the "Recent Topics" section that is off to the side first to see if there are new topics of that day. 

Other times I go straight to the sub-forums that I have set to push the first post of a new topic to my email.  I see only one person subscribed to the general lounge forum for new topics while there are 22 people subscribed to the garage sale section.

I did as you and read the indicated posts, read a few additional posts and read several threads in the lounge section and found a lot of content that is interesting, some not so interesting, and a whole lot of back and forth by a few that seemed to only be trying to prove they were right or that seemed to try to discredit rather than adding thoughtfully to the topics, in addition to a few of the forum attorneys on questioning what should and shouldn’t be on the forum trying to figure out that line in the sand (are they trying to figure it out only to subsequently push it?). 

I suspect that since the banner being questioned in this thread is titled "Recent Audio Posts," some of that banter (many bordering on bickering, amongst other things) may not be helping from a “Klipsch branding” perspective for a new person interested in Klipsch and being directed to the audio forums or even to the casual Klipsch-head that can only frequent the threads periodically.   

I believe that I probably understand aspects of Chad’s point as actually, it was only through using the “view new content” link is the only way I happened upon a few nice reviews that Joe had done for his headphones and amps as the topic would have been pushed from the "recent audio posts" section rather quickly.

Maybe traffic in the lounge is sufficient to have its own side bar like “Recent Topic” since the formatting on my screen shows room in that column.....

Disclaimer: As used in this post, "attorneys," “banter,” “bickering,” "Klipsch-head," and other terms were not used or meant to be taken in any disparaging way by any forum member or by anyone reading these threads and lurking. As always, please note that the information presented by this author is meant for fun, sometimes thought-provoking, and is not intended as insult or otherwise!!!

Thank you for this post FJD. I was unaware that you could subscribe to a subforum.

I will be doing that today. Whether or not they choose to put either of those subforums back on the recent post list it won't really matter to me, I will subscribe to what I am interested in.

Travis

I did as you and read the indicated posts, read a few additional posts and read several threads in the lounge section and found a lot of content that is interesting, some not so interesting, and a whole lot of back and forth by a few that seemed to only be trying to prove they were right or that seemed to try to discredit rather than adding thoughtfully to the topics,

Thank you for this post FJD. I was unaware that you could subscribe to a subforum.

I will be doing that today. Whether or not they choose to put either of those subforums back on the recent post list it won't really matter to me, I will subscribe to what I am interested in.

Travis

That sounds reasonable, Travis.  And you too Mr, FJD.

I don't look at such posts in a personal way, so it stands to reason I am going to react much different from someone who is personally invested in the style a recent post is represented. 

To be clear, I understand those emotionally invested, and I respect the fact that we can all react with or without emotion, that part doesn't trouble me.  I just disagree with the interpretation about Chad's "unprofessional" behavior judged from an emotional point of view.  I do not think the "majority" agree with such an emotional conclusion.

Personal attacks against Chad or any other poster here are entirely unwarranted.  The man has job to do for his company, Klipsch, and I would not object if any of the other moderators here banned any poster that used personal attacks who were deliberately trying to start a flame war. 

A flame war from which Chad intelligently and professionally withdrew.

Edited by wvu80

Hey, you guys win. It's all about the people, I 100% agree. 

As I said all along, it was an experiment. But you've successfully bullied your way into making the experiment end early. Carry on, folks!

Three cheers for Chad.. Hooray, Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!

Yea!!  All of us bullies win!!  

PHEW,  Thank God Chad quit poking at us mice with his Magic Wand. 

Now us mice can back to the Maze, and the Rats can get back to their Racing.

:o

• Like 1