WTB-Vinyl

Jim

Looking to replace some of my old vinyl with new/used good condition vinyl. Most of the stuff I did have is crackle and pop ridden and needs to be replaced to to bad storage on my end.

If anyone has some vinyl they'd like to sell, I'm looking for some Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Stones, Old Freestyle, Dance, Trance, Old Rap, U2, Floyd, Cure, Kinks, Old K-Tel, Disco Mixes, Elton John, John Lennon. I'm looking for a bunch more, but haven't finished my list yet.

Looking to replace some of my old vinyl with new/used good condition vinyl. Most of the stuff I did have is crackle and pop ridden and needs to be replaced to to bad storage on my end.

If anyone has some vinyl they'd like to sell, I'm looking for some Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Stones, Old Freestyle, Dance, Trance, Old Rap, U2, Floyd, Cure, Kinks, Old K-Tel, Disco Mixes, Elton John, John Lennon. I'm looking for a bunch more, but haven't finished my list yet.

Have you tried any of the cleaning options....  I read Scrubbing Bubbles works great.

You have the BEST used record store in the county near you (I am told by vinyl freaks) in Princeton.

Yes they are near me, haven't gone there yet as I just found out about them. I always went to NY prior to living where I do now. There is another place by me, but they are to expensive. $48.00 for Led Zeppelin lll rerelease, and $60.00 for the extras.

Have you tried any of the cleaning options....  I read Scrubbing Bubbles works great.

I haven't but a bunch of it is beyond repair, I used to scratch on them when I was younger for a bunch of what I still have.

Check out your local thrift stores as well. There is a certain thrift store in Longmont, CO that always had the best Vinyl. I have scored some major records there like Led Zeppelin IV and Lynyrd Skynyrd- One More from the Road among others.

• Like 1

When you are done at the record store at Princeton, you can head over for lunch at the best pizza place I have ever experienced, Frank Pepe's.  Seriously fantastic pies.

I will try them.

I'm used to eating pizza from Jersey City and NYC, so it's tough for places to compare to what I'm used to.

Best place I ever had pizza was at a place that was run by 3 brothers called "3 Brothers From Italy" in Jersey City. They ran the place for 50 years before selling and had by far the best pizza I ever had. They were so big and thick 2 slices would fill you up. Other places I ate at,I could eat a small pie by myself with no issues and 6 slices from a large pie.

Jim have you been to Vintage Vinyl? I've only been once. A little spendy though.

They are very arrogant and nasty, overpriced is an understatement. They are literally a 2 minute drive from me. I bought a copy of Led Zeppelin 2 for $42.00. I also bought 2 other albums and they ran $45.00 and $18.00. The one for $45.00 was from this guy my daughter likes, and the other was a used Ringo Star that wound up being a little screwed up. They don't let you open the used stuff to look at it. Guy was like I was bothering him and he was worse with my daughter. They have other Led Zep that starts at $48.00 and goes up to $64.00 and these are reissues.

I didn't buy anything while there. The place was very busy when I was there.

Only been to Prex once. The drive to princeton took too long for not a lot of pay off. Cd racks were destroyed and the aisles for vinyl were full of browsers.

I should go back there sometime just for giggles.

There is another place in red bank that I've heard of too. Apparently good selection and better prices.

I'm looking to take a trip to Prex, let me know, maybe we can go there together to check it out,or meet up and I can try out the pizzeria Jimjimbo speaks of. I actually just got back from VV, was bored at home, so I figured worst case I could blow off some steam and yell at the guy that is always surly. He wasn't there,and I actually found 12 albums for a total of $80.00. Several from the $3.99 aisle, and several others under $13.00. I'm listening to some of them now.Only difference on pricing is the covers.The vinyl is in great condition.