View all the latest content like you want!

Chad

• Administrators

Did you know there is a way to always have a custom list of the latest forum topics and posts? There is, and it works pretty well!

At the top-right of every forum page, just below the search box there is a link named "View New Content". Clicking on that will take you to a magical place full of butterflies and unicorns. Okay, maybe not really THAT magical, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. 

On that page, you can filter all the latest forum content to you liking. So, if you just wanted to see the newest posts to appear in the "2-channel", "Subwoofers", and "Lounge" forums since your last visit, you can totally do that! Even nicer - it remembers your last-used filter So it stays that way every time you visit that page until you change it. 

It's a pretty powerful way to see the latest content tailored just to your liking. Try it out!

(The link also appears at the bottom of every page)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Sorry, not working well.  Does not remember my last visit, or any of my settings.

Strange. It is stores your last used settings in the database. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has this exact issue. Could be a bug, could be an edge case depending on the browser used, etc. But then again, maybe I should call a chimpanzee to figure it out. 

Sorry, not working well.  Does not remember my last visit, or any of my settings.

Strange. It is stores your last used settings in the database. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has this exact issue. Could be a bug, could be an edge case depending on the browser used, etc. But then again, maybe I should call a chimpanzee to figure it out. 

You can use a chimpanzee if you want, but that's for Level 1 tech support.

I'm thinking you are going to need a monkey for this one.  :P

• Like 1

I'm on it.

giphy.gif

Holy Smokes!! Im rather new on this board and still wandering through the knowledge bases. After seeing this posting CECAA850 I damn near chocked to death on my tea but I lucked out and ended up spitingt it all over my computer screen instead. Thats freeking great...I loved it. Thanks for the chuckle.

Speaking of unused features, has anyone gone to the bottom left of the screen and clicked on "Change Theme" and then selected Ip.board Mobile?

You can browse topics and follow the flow of a conversation at least twice as fast as the usual screen because there is no clutter and you can easily go right to the sub-forum of your choice easily.

And if you want to revert back, it is quick and easy with just a single mouse click.  I use it all the time now to read posts.  If I want to reply with formatting or edit my post, I just click back to Full Version.

Edited by wvu80

• Chad unpinned and locked this topic