interesting new low cost head phone DAC

Schu

I would have ordered already but I'd like them to be able to push 600 ohm headphones.  Looks like it will go up to 300 though... just not enough for the AKG 240df.  For my use a $299 price point is probably the most I would spend.

Received the Oppo HA-2 DAC this morning and wanted to report a few thoughts about it. After fiddling with the connections and switches it started communicating with my notebook computer. I turned on my sound system and was off to the races. I think it's a known fact that Oppo makes quality merchandise and this dac appears to affirm that.  The switches and volume control just seem nice and crisp to me. I decided to listen to several acoustic FLAC tracks on my two way basement system to get in a good test session.

The speakers I use down here are JBL 2441/JABO round horns on the top and JBL voice of the theater short bass horns on the bottom. Crossovers are active and I had been just using the laptop to do the D/A conversion. As you might imagine, I was really impressed with this dac compared to that!  All else being equal, the music simply seems more detailed and really clean. Really makes my previous setup just a little muddy if you will. It's still very new but so far I'm really pleased with this purchase. Cheers! 

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

FYI for those interested... the HA-2 will be back in stock very soon.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the OPPO HA-2.

We are pleased to announce that the OPPO HA-2 is available in limited quantity for back order with an estimated ship date of Wednesday, April 8, 2015.

To order, click here

For more product information, click here.

Best Regards,
Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.