KG 3.5 as a center?

Ebux

I have a chance to buy a set of kg3.5s from the original owner for a great price. I thought about using one of them as a center channel to go with my kg5.5s. For now I use kg .5s as surrounds. I plan to upgrade to 2.5s for surrounds in the near future. What do you think?

Absolutely no doubt.

I used a pair of kg 2's stacked for quite some time between some fortes and it sounded better to me than an academy. The kg 2's I might ad are 4ohms so running 2 kg 2's together equals 8 ohms

I love the kg line and ran through several very costly non klipsch setups and always returned to kg .5's because they sound so good. I even preferred using 5 kg's .5's in a 5.1 setup more than a kv1 center. Still have a 5.1 setup in another room based from that system from about 20 years ago

Regardless 3.5's are keepers. The kg line is far better than many people give it credit for. If there are quality kg's around 20 more years from now I can imagine using them between now and then contently.

• Like 1

Beeker I agreeing the KGs I bought these 5.5s new when I was in the service and man have these rocked some parties over the years and still sound great today. I doubt I will ever get rid of them. I don't see any reason to. I am right now using the KV 1 I bought then as well

• Like 1

years ago I didn't know klipsch made anything other than a kg .5. I spent so much time&money on other setups and once ebay came around I realized I could pick more .5's up. About 5 years ago found a package deal and what a surprise they all were. Its a bit blurry from there on(should be the other way lol)but iv tried nothing but klipsch models now for about 2 years.

kg 5.5 mains is perfect so are .5 surrounds. Any you find to fill in spaces its fun to test and swap for new kg's or anything klipsch.

I had a pair of KG4.2s and ran them with the KG2.2 center.  The 4.2s were head and shoulders better than the 2.2 and I could never get the 2.2s to blend well with the 4.2s.  I guess it was due to the different horn designs between the two.  I would have loved to found one of the floor standing models to run as a center.  

As of now I got the 3.5s and put them in as surrounds. What a difference from the .5s after running audyssey again there's lots of bass now in the surrounds. So I'm still using the kv1 for a center. It just can't keep up with the 5.5s in front. I'm still trying to figure out a new center. I thought about a 2.5 but like japosey said it wouldn't have the same tweeters. Any thoughts?