Tour of Wakejunkie's Home Theater (Lots of Pics)

Youthman

Stunning!  The woodwork on the frame for the screen is un-believable!

custom-home-theater2.jpg

+++

My dad had suffered a stroke as well, but he is gone now due to causes unrelated to his stroke.  I have some sense of what Wakejunkie may be going through.

I want Wakejunkie to know that the mind is an incredible thing, and my dad made an almost complete recovery from his.  When part of brain is affected by the stroke, it re-routes the neuro-pathways and finds new ways to process the information. 

I am completely hopeful that Wakejunkie can make his recovery as well, and it sounds like he is well on his way.  Continuing to walk, talk, think and do his woodworking is all good therapy.  And based on the incredibly beautiful woodworking I saw from the pictures, I think things will continue to get better day-by-day.

Good luck Wakejunkie, we are all pulling for you. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

Here is a screenshot from Spotify on a 130" screen.  Even me with my poor vision can see that!

spotify.jpg

Glad to hear y'all are having a great time! Surfing Spotify on the big screen is awesome. Sure is easier on my aging eyes. You'll be a happy camper Michael when you add a HTPC and wireless controls to your HT...it's great.

By the way, that's either an old pic or your computer date is off by about 8 years :lol:

• Moderators

If you peek to the right of the RF-7ii, you will find a pair of 18" FI-IB318 IB Subs.  They are each being fed 2000 watts from a Behringer EPX4000. 

The subs are highlighted by red LED lighting.

klipsch-rf7ii.jpg

Right now as we speak, (yes 2.5hrs later Holly is STILL DJing for us).  I'm 20' away from the subs and I'm feeling the bass everytime it hits. 

One thing I REALLY appreciate is you absolutely cannot tell where the subs are in the room.  They blend in perfectly with the RF-7's.  I had Shaun play the Ironhide Flip scene from Transformers.  Are you kidding me?  These subs reach ridiculous low notes (ones that I didn't know existed).  When the subs drop, you know it and it takes awhile to unstretch the smile from your face.  :D  It's more than just sound... it's truly an experience without being overwhelming.  When something explodes, you are ready to run for cover.  Yes, they are indeed that good.  I know it's not good to be jealous...but I am.  :lol:  I'm not sure we could reach the limits of these subs without going deaf. 

Before coming to visit, I demoed the Galvatron Chase Scene in Transformers: Age of Extinction.  I knew I was in for a treat when Optimus and Bumblebee flipped over the overpass.  I was not disappointed.  One part of that scene at stood out was when Galvatron fired one of the rockets.  I completely felt something that I did not feel from my RSW-15's.  My guess is since the RSW-15's play down to around 20hz, that sequence contained sub 20hz frequencies.  Shaun has run REW software and his subs have no problem reaching into the single digits.  Those are frequencies you don't hear....you simply "experience" them.

Keep in mind, this room is 5,184 cubic feet!  There isn't a spot in the entire room (nor the rest of the house) that you can escape the power of the dual 18's. 

This was my first experience hearing IB subs.  For some reason, I see a pair of Maple RSW-15's that may be up for sale after we rebuild my front wall.   ;)    I would absolutely love to have these subs in my HT!

• Like 7

• Moderators
You'll be a happy camper Michael when you add a HTPC and wireless controls to your HT...it's great.

He has been trying to convince me to do so for awhile now.  I'm convinced.  I have the PC waiting for me back home.  ;)   Just need to order a wireless keyboard for it.

By the way, that's either an old pic or your computer date is off by about 8 years :lol:

That's too funny.  While I was typing, Shaun noticed it on his projection screen.  Date and time has been fixed.  The Cmos battery in his PC needs to be replaced.

• Like 1

For some reason, I see a pair of Maple RSW-15's that may be up for sale after we rebuild my front wall.      I would absolutely love to have these subs in my HT!

We knew you would eventually come around B) .  Youth thanks for sharing your trip with us, the pics you are taking are great.  I loved the panoramic view of the room, you really show cased Wake's room nicely.  Wake is such and inspiration to folks like me who like to build everything they can.  Every time I read a post about what he does, I think I want to do that.  If you can, try get Holly to play some Amy Winehouse.   I have to blame Thebes for turning me onto her, but she sounds wonderful. 

Wake, take care man.  If you put the effort towards your health as you did your theater room(which I know you will), in no time you will be back to being you if not even stronger.  Peace be with you. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Here is a quick demo showing the Custom Masking that Wake built using the motor from his previous electric screen. 

On the Harmony One, he can adjust the masking using two presets to switch between 16:9 and 2.35:1 as well as a manual stop to allow for any other format (2.40:1 etc). 

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Yeah she doesn't like the dual RSW-15 that I have now. Only time I can really stretch them is when she isn't home. Wake doesn't have that problem. If Shaun decided to remove the IB subs, he might be visitng Florida...permenantly. Lol

Wow, what a great thread. Youth, I recently had my first experience with IB when I met Carl during the Lil Wrecker project. After all these years not knowing what IB sounded like, I finally heard it and it blew me away. It really is hard to explain in words. Its one of those things like I still explain to my son now that he has kids and going thru Fatherhood.

When he raced dirt bikes, he and I both remember the 1st time he got the breath knocked out of him. As we all know, its scares the hell out of ya. I tell him theres just some things a person has to experience to really know what its like. IB, in my opinion is one of those. Just try to explain to someone that has never had the breath knocked out of them what it feels like. No matter how you explain it hurts and you think your going to die, they just wont understand until they get the breath knocked out of them. Then they get it.

Yall have fun in that cool HT Man/Woman cave. Thanks for sharing.

You'll be a happy camper Michael when you add a HTPC and wireless controls to your HT...it's great.

He has been trying to convince me to do so for awhile now.  I'm convinced.  I have the PC waiting for me back home.  ;)   Just need to order a wireless keyboard for it.

That's too funny.  While I was typing, Shaun noticed it on his projection screen.  Date and time has been fixed.  The Cmos battery in his PC needs to be replaced.

Check this keyboard out... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQ6CJ0M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is about the size of a PS3 controller. We have 2 of them... One for the family room, and another for the HT. Another option is a free app for your phone. A friend of mine has been using an app based keyboard for his PC for several years now.

• Like 1