Tour of Wakejunkie's Home Theater (Lots of Pics)

Youthman

Michael(and Shaun),

It's awesome you guys get to spend some time together and make memories and bond as brothers do.

I cherish every minute I get to spend with two of my best friends of 45(since 5) years when I visit home in Macon, Ga.

Shaun, it's great to hear about your progress and returning to a "normal" life. :)

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Really glad to here of the progress, well done Wakejunkie, now keep it up. :emotion-21:

Great story Youthman, it's really nice you two get to spend some time together, these are the things you never forget.

I don't blame Wakejunkie, I would be really excited to hear that receiver also. :D

• Moderators

Well, it's day 2 of my visit and we are having an amazing time together.  Almost all of our time has been spent here in Wake's Home Theater.  When I first shared with wake that I wanted to journal my visit here I knew I couldn't do his HT justice with my iPhone so I took the extra effort to learn how to navigate his Canon D60 and hope that the extra effort put into taking quality photos will give you just a glimpse into his AMAZING Home Theater.

So without any delay.....sit back....grab a cup of coffee and enjoy a Tour of Wakejunkie's Home Theater!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I thought I would get comfortable by the fireplace with the laptop.

youthman.jpg

While I'm typing, Shaun's wife is chilling on their 8' beanbag playing DJ and cranking some tunes at 98db from with spotify. 

being projected on his 130" Custom AT screen with electric masking (also built by wake), I can devote some time to sharing.

Wakejunkie's HT Details:

Room Dimensions: 18' x 36' with 8'2" ceilings.

Projector: Epson Home Cinema 8350

Screen:  130" Custom Spandex Acoustic Transparent Screen with Electric Masking (built and designed by wake using the motor from his previous electric screen)

Speakers: Klipsch RF-7ii, RF-7ii components in a custom built RF-7ii Center Channel, RS-35 side surrounds & RS-35 back surrounds.

Subwoofers: Dual 18" FI-IB318 Infinite Baffle Subs

Sub Amp: Behringer EPX4000 (2000 x 2)

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1008

XBox, PS3

APC Smart UPS3000 Backup

HTPC with wireless keyboard (Used for Spotify)

Pool Table

Foosball Table

Popcorn Machine

Soda Machine

4 Seat Leather HT Seats

8' Beanbag for the primary listening position

Shaun began his HT journey several years ago after I built mine.  He thought to himself..."I can build that."  So he did.  100% of wakejunkie's HT was built by him.  It's crazy to think that this beautiful HT was once part of his basement.

home-theater-panorama2.jpg

home-theater-panorama1.jpg

• Like 9

• Moderators

Not only is wake's HT functional, it's elegant and absolutely gorgeous!  All of the wood trim (except for the rope trim and corbels), including the mantle itself was built by wakejunkie with a beautiful red oak.

fireplace1.jpg

The right RS-35 is hidden behind the grill cloth built into the mantle.

fireplace-mantle.jpg

These two pieces were wake's first project after the 3 strokes.  I believe even Harry Potter himself would appreciate these custom pieces.

Custom Elder Wand from Harry Potter

harry-potter1.jpg

Custom The Deathly Hallows

harry-potter2.jpg

fireplace2.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 5

• Moderators

The 130" screen is absolutely the perfect sixe for his HT.  It is big enough to be totally immersive from the beanbag and still allows room on the sides to be accented by the custom stonework.  The Epson 8350 provides a fantastic image!  Colors rendered look natural and really pop, especially when the lights are dim or fully off.

Lighting is controlled through a Lutron Spacer that provides 4 Lighting Scenes. 

Screenshot.jpg

I now understand why they spend literally HOURS as a family listening to Music.  Wake connects to Spotify via a HTPC and a wireless keyboard.  When running on a PC, Spotify allows you to select almost any song from almost any artist and sounds MUCH better than Youtube videos and the basic version of Pandora.  Shaun's wife Holly would make for an incredible DJ.  She plays a variety of music from club, hip hop, 80's & 90's hits from Peter Gabriel to 10,000 Maniacs to Black Eyed Peas to Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel.  There isn't many genres she doesn't listen to.  It's awesome hearing music I haven't heard since I was a teenager and a song later, listening to current hits.  It's like listening to a Jukebox!  Funny thing is she LOVES it loud!  Remember I mentioned at the beginning she was cranking as I'm typing....well she's still cranking tunes! 

• Like 6

• Moderators

Before watching A-Team tonight, we ate Joe's pizza from the high top table during the movie previews.

One of the scenes from the lutron allows all lights off except for two can lights dimmed over the table.  I felt like I was at the Cinebistro!

custom-home-theater1.jpg

Man those naked RF-7ii's are some sexy beasts!

The 42" Vizio LCD was recently installed primarily for keeping up with mutliple football games at the same time.  Of course the favored game gets displayed on the monster screen.  :D

custom-home-theater2.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

Here is a shot of his Media Rack.  We removed the Denon from it's position and replaced it with an Onkyo TX-NR1008 (will take a new photo tomorrow).

The equipment is easilly accessible from the rear by exiting the HT into the shop.  The equipment is enclosed and includes a door to enter the space for the rear of the rack.  Can I say I'm TOTALLY jealous of this?  Many of you can relate to me when I say I have to reach behind my equipment and feel by hand where the connections go.  With this setup, it was incredibly simple to install his new receiver.

home-theater-media-rack.jpg

• Like 2